Opportunities and Challenges of Industrialization of Hydrogen Production from Natural Seawater
Keywords:industrialization, hydrogen, natural seawater, renewable energy
AbstractHumans have always been looking for sustainable renewable energy, whether from coal, natural gas, hydropower, nuclear energy, solar energy, wind energy, solar thermal energy, hydrogen energy, etc., each energy has its advantages and disadvantages! 2019 Kuang et al. published "Solar-driven, highly sustained splitting of seawater into hydrogen and oxygen fuels" this paper has given the author a great level of research interest in this topic! The researcher tried to explore the challenges and opportunities that this method actually applied to mass production by thinking about various angles.
Bureau of Energy, Ministry of Economic Affairs (2007). 2007 White Paper on Energy Technology Research and Development. http://www.moeaboe.gov.tw/Policy/PoMain.aspx?PageId=energytechwhitepaper
Crump, D. (2010). Integrating Controls for Hydrogen Production. CONTROL ENGINEERING, 57(2), 53-+.
Fujishima, A., & Honda, K. (1972). TiO2 photoelectrochemistry and photocatalysis. Nature, 238(5358), 37-38.
Guo, L., Yang, Z., Marcus, K., Li, Z., Luo, B., Zhou, L., ... & Yang, Y. (2018). MoS 2/TiO 2 heterostructures as nonmetal plasmonic photocatalysts for highly efficient hydrogen evolution. Energy & Environmental Science, 11(1), 106-114.
Kuang, Y., Kenney, M. J., Meng, Y., Hung, W. H., Liu, Y., Huang, J. E., ... & Lin, M. C. (2019). Solar-driven highly sustained splitting of seawater into hydrogen and oxygen fuels. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 116(14), 6624-6629.
Minoura, H., Oki, T., & Tsuiki, M. (1976). CdS-electrochemical photocell with S2− ion-containing electrolyte. Chemistry Letters, 5(11), 1279-1282.
Pratt, J. W., & Burgard, J. (2016). Zero Emissions Ferry: Using Liquid Hydrogen as an Alternative Fuel (No. SAND2016-11147C). Sandia National Lab. (SNL-CA), Livermore, CA (United States).
Qi, Y., Zhao, Y., Gao, Y., Li, D., Li, Z., Zhang, F., & Li, C. (2018). Redox-based visible-light-driven Z-scheme overall water splitting with apparent quantum efficiency exceeding 10%. Joule, 2(11), 2393-2402.
Sapountzi, F. M., Gracia, J. M., Fredriksson, H. O., & Niemantsverdriet, J. H. (2017). Electrocatalysts for the generation of hydrogen, oxygen, and synthesis gas. Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, 58, 1-35.
Sultan, S., Tiwari, J. N., Singh, A. N., Zhumagali, S., Ha, M., Myung, C. W., ... & Kim, K. S. (2019). Single atoms and clusters based nanomaterials for hydrogen evolution, oxygen evolution reactions, and full water splitting. Advanced Energy Materials, 9(22), 1900624.
Titscher, S., Meyer, M., Wodak, R., & Vetter, E. (2000). Methods of text and discourse analysis: In search of meaning. Sage.
Verne, J. (2002). The Mysterious Island, 1874. Trans. Jordan Stump. New York: Modern Library. Wang Qichuan, 2007 Energy Technology Development White Paper, Energy Bureau, Ministry of
Economic Affairs, 2007
Zhang Zhaoxian, Cai Tianxiao (2009). Titanium Electrode Reaction Engineering, ISBN: 978-7-
-4873-8, Beijing: Central South University Press
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.