Promotion Media Literation MSMEs Housewives Babadan Banguntapan, Kab Bantul, In Yogyakarta
Keywords:Promotion, new media, empowerment of housewives
AbstractDuring the Covid-19 pandemic, many entrepreneurs went out of business; many employees had to be laid off. With the existence of the Covid-19 pandemic, everything is limited. Economic activities are increasingly uncertain. However, this is an opportunity for housewives at RW17 Babadan, Banguntapan, Bantul Regency to help the family economy. One of them is the culinary business. The first problem is that these housewives experience difficulties selling due to their limited movement to offer their culinary works to consumers. Second, the understanding of media literacy in using social media as a new media is still lacking. Third, the understanding and ability to make messages are minimal through social media. Community service methods are discussion, focused group discussion, socialization, and media literacy training. The solution to this problem is to hold training and mentoring on understanding media literacy in carrying out sales promotion activities. Also, by holding skills training in documenting culinary products and in packaging messages through social media. The conclusion is that community empowerment by providing promotional media literacy makes them understand the benefits of using modern communication tools and new media. In the end, they were able to take advantage of smartphones to sell their products.
Baran, Stanley, and Dennis K Davis. 2000. Mass communication theory. Wadsworth: Canada James, Potter W., 2005, Media Literacy, third edition. Sage Publication: New Delhi.J Ife -1995, Community Development: Creating Community Alternatives,
Vision Analysis and Practice. Australia: Longman,
Korda, H., & Itani, Z. (2013). Harnessing Social Media for Health Promotion and Behavior Change. Health Promotion Practice, 14(1), 15–23. https://doi.org/10.1177/1524839911405850
Lister, M., Dovey, J., Giddings, S., et al. (2009). New media: a critical introduction second edition.
New York: Routledge.
Mangold, W. G., & Faulds, D. J. (2009). Social media: The new hybrid element of the promotion mix. Business Horizons, 52(4), 357–365. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2009.03.002
McQuail, Denis. (2011). Teori komunikasi massa. Jakarta: Salemba Humanika.
Soemandoyo, Priyo. ND. 2010, Wacana Gender dan Layar Televisi: Studi Perempuan dalam Pemberitaan Televisi. Ford Foundation dan LP3Y: Yogyakarta.
Sugiyono. 2014. Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, dan R&D. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Saugi Wildan, Sumarno Sumarno, Jurnal Pendidikan dan Pemberdayaan Masyarakat Volume 2 – Nomor 2, November 2015, (226 - 238) hal 2
https://qazwa.id/blog/MSMEs/Dendy Herdianto, 2020
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.