The Role of Transformational Leadership in Community Empowerment in the Digital Business Era
Keywords:Transformational leadership, Community development, Digital Business, Market place, Story Marketing
AbstractThe role of transformational leadership in digital business still requires more in-depth research. Therefore, this study aims to analyze the role of transformational leadership in the recovery of the home industry in the region or society based on community empowerment and digital business. This study used a qualitative approach using observation and an in-depth interviewer. This research was conducted in a public organization, namely RW 13 Kelurahan Panembahan, Kraton DIY District. The results showed that the role of leadership in running and supporting public organizations (RW) through digital business transitions is very important to restore the economy of society in general and the home industry in particular. The contribution of this research is to enrich the literature that examines transformational leadership in the context of digital business and community empowerment. Suggestions for further research are to do more research on transformational leadership in digital business development for both business organizations and public organizations.
Baškarada, S., Watson, J., & Cromarty, J. (2017). Balancing transactional and transformational leadership. International Journal of Organizational Analysis, 25(3), 506-515.
Bharadwaj, A.; El Sawy, O.A.; Pavlou, P.; Venkatraman, N. Digital business strategy: Toward the next generation of insights.MIS Q.2013,37, 471–482
Dahlström, P., Desmet, D., & Singer, M. (2017). The seven decisions that matter in a digital transformation: a CEO’s guide to reinvention. Digital McKinsey article (Feb 2017).
Holten, A. L., & Brenner, S. O. (2015). Leadership style and the process of organizational change. Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 36(1), 2-16.
Hoffmeister, A., Alyssa, M., Gibbons, A., Stefanie, K., Johnson, B., Konstantin, P., Cigularov, C., & Chen P., Y. (2014). The differential effects of transformational leadership facets on employee safety. p. 69
Junita, I (2019), Transformational Leadership in Digital Era: Analysis of Nadiem Makarim (Founder of GO-JEK Indonesia) Leadership Figure, IJBE (Integrated Journal of Business and Economics), pp 80-92
Kane, G. C., Palmer, D., Phillips, A. N., Kiron, D., & Buckley, N. (2015). Strategy, not technology, drives digital transformation. MIT Sloan Management Review and Deloitte University Press, 14. Retrieved from https://sloanreview.mit.edu/projects/strategy-drives-digital-transformation/
Ke nny, S. (2011). Developing communities for the future (4th ed.). South Melbourne, Australia: Cengage Learning
Larjovuori, Riitta-Liisa; Bordi, Laura and Tammi, Kirsi Heikkilä, 2018, Leadership in the digital business transformation, Association for Computing Machinery. ACM I
Li, W.; Badr, Y.; Biennier, F. (2012), Digital ecosystems: Challenges and prospects. In Proceedings of the InternationalConference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 28–31 October 2012; ACM: New York, NY, USA, pp. 117–122.22
Li, H; Sajjad N; Wang Q; Ali, MA; Khaqan Z, Amina S; (2019), Influence of Transformational Leadership on Employees’ Innovative Work Behavior in Sustainable Organizations: Test of Mediation and Moderation Processes, mdpi.com, journal sustainability; pp 1-21
O. Kohnke.2017. It’s not just about technology: The people side of digitization. In G. Oswald and M. Kleinemeier (Eds.) Shaping the Digital Enterprise, 69-91. Springer, Waldorf
Gartner.2016. IT Glossary. https://www.gartner.com/it-glossary/d.
Planing, P. Will digital boost circular? Evaluating the impact of the digital transformation on the shift towards a circular economy. Int. J. Manag. Cases2017,19, 22–31
Robbins SP (2003) Organization behavior (8th ed) New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River.
T. J. V. Saldanha, A. Kathuria, J. Khuntia, B. Konsynski,andM. A. Rojas.2017. Leveraging Digitalization of Services for Performance: Evidence from the Credit Union Industry. International Conference on Information Systems, ICIS Proceedings(2017).
G. Westerman, D. Bonnet, and A. McAfee. 2014. Leading Digital: Turning Technology into Business Transformation. Harvard Business Publishing, Brighton, MA
Weill, P.; Woerner, S.L. Optimizing your digital business model.MIT Sloan Manag. Rev.2013,54, 71–78.
Veit, D.; Clemons, E.; Benlian, A.; Buxmann, P.; Hess, T.; Spann, M.; Kundisch, D.; Leimeister, J.M.; Loos, P.Business Models - An Information Systems Research Agenda.Bus. Inf. Syst. Eng.2014,6, 45–53.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.