Strengthening Marketing Communication Through Multimedia-Based Storytelling Assistance
Keywords:Storytelling, marketing communication, visual content, multimedia technology
AbstractStorytelling-based multimedia can be used as an alternative marketing communications MSMEs craftsmen Batik " Sekar Arum " in Desa Wukirsari , sub-district Imogiri, Kabupaten Bantul. Assistance is aimed to build self-reliance and improve the confidence of members and officials of SMEs craftsmen Batik " Sekar Arum " to strengthen the marketing communication through storytelling -based technology multimedia. Through storytelling, the " Sekar Arum " Batik craftsman group UMKM can easily communicate the results of their products. Strengthening marketing through a story packed with photos, videos, animation as multimedia content makes potential customers not only more interested and easier to identify batik craft products, without having to come directly to workshops/exhibition events but to form deeper relationships so that they are loyal to SME Batik "Sekar Arum" businesses and products. Multimedia-based storytelling marketing techniques can provide several benefits, including a) Increasing a more loyal relationship with consumers; b) Reaching a wider marketing area, and c) Providing education on Batik products to consumers. The presentation of storytelling through multimedia technology provides an advantage because marketing content is more varied, including text, animation, or video. This variation of content increases the attractiveness of 'Sekar Arum' Batik, thus enhancing its image.
Arifin, Y & Ricky, MY & Yesmaya, V, 2015, Digital Multimedia, Bina Nusantara Media & Publishing
Sasongko, AK., 2012, diunduh dari e-journal.uajy.ac.id pada 23 Maret 2020, pukul 09.33 WIB
Tahalea, Silviana, 2016, Fotografi Produk Sebagai Sarana Promosi Produk Lampu untuk Perajin Lampu di Nitiprayan Yogyakarta. Seminar Nasional Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat-Fakultas Seni Rupa dan Desain Universitas Trisakti.
Yahya, Kurnia, 2018, Alir Proses Produksi Produk Multimedia, diunduh dari http://kurnia.nireblog.com pada 23 Maret 2020, pukul 09.33 WIB
Wulandari, NT & Darwanto, DH & Irham, 2015, Analysis of Added Value and Contribution of Bamboo Craft Industry to Society's Income Distribution Sleman District, Agro Ekonomi Vol. 26/No. 2
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.