Response To The Need Of Students Of Geological Engineering Of UPN "Veteran" Yogyakarta University, Based On Online Learning Support Academic Facilities Survey During COVID-19 Pandemic
Keywords:online class, COVID-19, geological engineering
AbstractCOVID-19 pandemic, which is now happening worldwide, has a massive impact on many parts of our daily life. One of the affected aspects is education. The education system during the COVID-19 pandemic should fit the health protocol, which has been recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) and The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia. Both students and lecturers are demanded to keep conducting the learning process virtually in their own houses by online learning. However, online learning support facilities used in UPN "Veteran" Yogyakarta University are still lacking and not centralized yet; thus, every department needs to prepare their needs autonomously. Geological Engineering Department surveyed supporting facilities needs as an essential preparation of the online academic system. The survey was conducted through an online form and was filled by 273 respondents who are active students of the Geological Engineering Department, (1) UPN "Veteran" Yogyakarta University. Almost 85% of the respondents expect learning information system which covers attendance list, announcement, and online interactive media, which is mobile-based in order to be easy to access and use. Based on the result of the survey, Geological Engineering Department is planning to produce an Android-based app with an attendance list and social media features inside. The social media feature is able to be used by students and lecturers to interact with one another, especially discussing online learning
Fandy Tjiptono, Manajemen Jasa, (Yogyakarta: ANDI, 1998).
Philip Kotler, Manajemen Pemasaran: Analisis, Perencanaan, Implementasi dan Pengendalian, (Jakarta: Erlangga, 2001).
Surat Edaran Kemdikbud Nomor 2 2020 about the prevention and treatment of covid-19 pandemic in Kemdikbud
Surat Edaran Kemdikbud Nomor 3 2020 about the prevention of COVID-19 disease in education institutions
Surat Edaran Kemdikbud Nomor 4 2020 about Educational Rule during Emergency Period of Covid-19
Surat Edaran Rektor UPN “Veteran” Yogyakarta No.29/UN62/PA.05.12/SE/2020 about Guidance of Academic Activities for the Odd Semester in 2020/2021
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.