Real-Time Assessment Software Development to Improve Learning Quality in Petroleum Engineering Department Using Computer Assisted Test Method
Keywords:Real-Time Assessment, Comprehensive, Computer Assisted Test
AbstractIn the previous period, to determine the ability of petroleum engineering students in mastering the concept of the field of knowledge, in general, a comprehensive exam was used by writing papers and being tested. This method is considered ineffective because of the large number of plagiarism cases and many students who take more than one semester to complete. Therefore, a breakthrough was made by creating a new method, namely the Computer Assisted Test with Real-Time Assessment software. The purpose of the replacement of this method is that students can master three areas of expertise and can complete comprehensive courses in less than one semester. The first step in the process of replacing this comprehensive course method is done by spreading the old method satisfaction questioner and mastery of the group of experts with the old method. The second stage is to make a question bank made by a lecturer in the petroleum engineering department. The third stage is done by making Real-Time Assessment software. Then the question bank input that has been made into the RTA software is carried out. The final step is to simulate an exam with RTA software. Based on the results of the study, it is known that 75% of students are not satisfied with the old comprehensive system and 95% of students only master two or one of the three fields of expertise in the petroleum engineering department. This shows that the old method is no longer effective, so it is necessary to change the comprehensive method. Comprehensive test results with the method, namely the Computer Assisted Test with Real-Time Assessment software, show good results. Where in the third stage of the exam 95% of participants passed the exam and 96% of the question banks made were feasible to be tested.
A, Muri Yusuf. (2005). Metodologi Penelitian (Dasar-Dasar Penyelidikan Ilmiah). Padang: UNP Press.
Balan, Yohanes Adio., Sudarmin., Kustiono. (2017). Pengembangan Model Computer Based Test (CBT) Berbasis Adobe Flash untuk Sekolah Menengah Kejuruan. Innovative Journal of Curriculum and Educational Technology IJCET 6 (1) (2017) : 36 – 44. Universitas Negeri Semarang.
Maiziani, Fitri.(2016). Efektivitas Computer Based Testing Sebagai Sarana Tes Hasil Belajar. Jurnal Kiprah Vol. 4. No.1 Januari-Juni 2016
Mujimin. (2010) Kompetensi Guru Dalam Menyusun Butir Soal Pada Mata Pelajaran Bahasa Jawa Di Sekolah Dasar. “LINGUA” Jurnal Bahasa dan Sastra Vol.6 No.2
Murniati, Evi. (2017). Computer Based Test (CBT) Sebagai Alternatif Instrumen Evaluasi Pembelajaran. Prosiding Seminar Nasional Pendidikan Ekonomi, Bisnis dan Keuangan. Universitas Sebelas Maret.
Hazraini. (2017). Upaya Meningkatkan Kompetensi Guru Kelas Dalam Penyusunan Soal Pilihan Ganda Yang Baik dan Benar Melalui Pendampingan Berbasis KKG Semester Satu Tahun Pelajaran 2017/2018 di SD Negeri 40 Cakranegara. Jurnal Pendidikan Mandala Vol.2 No.2
Saadah, Dewi., Utomo, H. S., Julianto, V. (2015). Aplikasi Computer Assist Test (CAT) Penyaringan Mahasiswa Baru, (Studi Kasus Politeknik Negeri Tanah Laut). Jurnal Sains dan Teknologi, 89.
Susila, Endra. (2012). Analisis Butir Dan Pembuatan Bank Soal. Widyanuklida Vol.12. No.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.