Branding Strategy By Social Media Ads And The Implementation Of Intellectual Property Rights In Wonogiri Coffee SMES (UMKM)
Keywords:Branding, Microfinance, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Intellectual Property Rights
AbstractIn fact, many Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs/UMKM) are not yet aware of the importance of branding for competitiveness and not aware of the importance of protecting intellectual property rights and more focused on aspects of product sales. Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs/UMKM) play an important and strategic role in building the national economy. Seeing the fairly good conditions above, it turns out that the existence of Coffee MSMEs in Wonogiri Regency, Central Java still has several obstacles, namely in branding / promotional media and also protection of Trademark Intellectual Property Rights. Because it is very important for every Coffee MSME to have a strategy and approach that is clear and unique to an identity to be poured into branding through social media or other digital media. To strengthen coffee MSMEs in Wonogiri Regency, one of the important strategies to implement is to provide awareness dissemination of the importance of branding/brands for MSMEs and also assistance in branding through social media as the identity of MSMEs. Branding strategies need to be done in order to build the image and identity of the products produced by MSMEs that are able to influence consumers to have positive perceptions of the products, characters, abilities, appearance and offers that are being promoted. The last most important problem for MSME actors is that there is no awareness of the importance of legal protection regarding Intellectual Property Rights regarding Trademarks, Copyrights, and Industrial Designs. So there is a concern that the product is plagiarized by others or is prosecuted legally because there are products that have the same trademark.
Budiarto, Rachmawan; Susetyo Hario Putero; Hempri Suyatna, dan Puji Astuti. 2016. Pengembangan UMKM Antara Konseptual dan Pengalaman Praktis Ekonomi & Bisnis. UGM Press: Yogyakarta.
Rustan, Surianto. 2009. Mendesain Branding melali media sosial. Penerbit Gramedia Pustaka Utama: Jakarta
Redono, Daru. 2013. Simple Promotion dan Branding untuk Usaha Kecil Menengah. Penerbit Universitas Brawijaya Press (UB Press): Malang.
Susanto, A.B. dan Wijanarko, Himawan. Power Branding Membangun Merek Unggul dan Organisasi Pendukungnya. Jakarta: Quantum Bisnis & Manajemen, 2004.
Tjiptono, Fandy. Brand Management & Strategy. Jakarta: ANDI, 2005.
Mengenal Kopi Mengenal desa kopi di Wonogiri oleh Febria Silaen, 15 Oktober 2018, diakses pada 30 Maret 2020 via https://beritagar.id/artikel/piknik/mengenal-desa-kopi-di-wonogiri.
Kopi Wonogiri, Potensi Kopi Lokal Berkualitas terbit 14 Maret 2019, diakses pada 30 Maret 2020° vishttps://indonesia.go.id/ ragam/komoditas/ekonomi/kopiwonogiri-potensi-kopi-lokal-berkualitas
Strategi penggunaan media bagi UMKM, diakses pada 30 Maret 2020. melalui https://marketing.co.id/5-kesalahpahaman -ukm-tentang-media-sosial/
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.