Visiting peaceful Maghilewa: Culture and Nature as The Potentials of Community-Based Tourism
Keywords:tourism, community-based tourism, cultural heritage destination.
AbstractCurrently, there is a rapid growth of demand for cultural tourism and there is a growing trend of cultural interest as a tourism product in the world. Indonesia has a lot of cultural and historical heritage with a multicultural population and serves as an integral part of the world's cultural heritage. In order to have an impact on the economy, this cultural heritage must be managed properly. Therefore there needs to be a study on the cultural heritage tourism model by balancing the interests between the tourism industry and heritage preservation as the main agenda to get a mutually sustainable relationship in cultural heritage tourism. The objectives in research are to; 1) knowing the potential of the Maghilewa traditional village as a cultural tourism destination, 2) knowing the feasibility of the traditional village as a cultural heritage destination, 3) formulating the steps that will be taken to prepare the traditional village as a cultural heritage destination. This research is a qualitative descriptive study to get an overview of the potential and feasibility of cultural tourism villages and the steps to make traditional villages into cultural tourism destinations. The results showed that the traditional village of Maghilewa was feasible to be developed into a cultural heritage destination. In developing the traditional village of Maghilewa, it is feasible as a cultural heritage destination, it requires a lot of support from the community, local government, and academics. The steps that must be taken are to build synergy between stakeholders in order to build the capacity of the Maghilewa Traditional Village community and encourage the Regional Government to implement comprehensive policies in participatory tourism development by prioritizing the conservation of local culture.
Aleksandrova, A., Aigina, E (2017), Modern Aspect of Cultural and Historical Heritage Involvement in Tourism Activities in Russia, Almatourism: Journal of Tourism, Culture, and Territorial Development Special Issue, 7: 244-254
Febriandhika, Ikke, Teguh Kurniawan (2019), Membingkai Konsep Pariwisata yang Berkelanjutan melalui Community Based Tourism : Sebuah Review Literatur, Journal of Public Sector Innovation, 3(2):50-56
Hariawan, Jody, Abdillah, Yusri, Hakim, Luchman, (2020), Peran Stakeholder dalam Pengembangan Kawasan Masjid Kuno Bayan Beleq sebagai Destinasi Wisata Warisan Budaya, Profit: Jurnal Administrasi Bisnis, 14(2): 104-114.
Muallsin, Isnaeni, (2007), Model Pengembangan Pariwisata berbasis Masyarakat di kota Yogyakarta, Jurnal Penelitian Bappeda Kota Yogyakarta, 2:5-14.
Olalere, Folasayo Enoch, (2019), Intangible Cultural Heritage as Tourism Product: The Malaysia Experience, African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism, and Leisure, Volume 8 (3): 1-10
Priyanto, Safitri, Dyah, (2015), Pengembangan Potensi Desa Wisata Berbasis Budaya RInjauan terhadap Desa Wisata di Jawa Tengah, Jurnal Vokasi Indonesia, 4(1): 76-84
Rista, Nikasius Jonet Sinangjoyo, Fian Damasdiono, (2019), Membangun Imajinasi Wisatawan melalui Pengalaman Perjalann di Kawasan Wisata Warisan Budaya, Media Wisata, 17(2): 103-119
Soebagyo, (2012), Strategi Pengembangan Pariwisata di Indonesia, Jurnal Liquidity, 1(2):153-158
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.