Creating Agricultural Product Innovations and Business Development: A Case in Farmer Women Group
Keywords:agricultural product innovation, farmer women group, stakeholder
AbstractThe Covid-19 pandemic implies a decrease in family income, resulting in social problems such as unemployment and poverty. This study aims to describe the process of creating product innovation carried out by groups of women farmers by using the land around the house to grow vegetables and the challenges they face. The study was conducted on a group of female farmers in Bantul, Yogyakarta using a qualitative analysis approach. Data collection techniques used observation, in-depth interviews, and focus group discussions. The results of this study indicate that the crisis conditions and knowledge play an important role in the creation of innovation in agriculture. The diverse knowledge of the members creates new product and service innovation ideas. Universities, local governments, and industry play a role in encouraging the creation of innovation and the formation of joint ventures so that members get economic benefits. The women farmer groups have grown their roles, not only as social organizations but also in business organizations.
Battor, M., & Battor, M. 2010. The impact of customer relationship management capability on innovation and performance. Journal of Marketing Management, 26(9-10), 842-857.
Sivadas, E., & Dwyer, F. R. 2000. An Examination of organizational factors influencing new product success in internal and alliance-based processes. Journal of Marketing, 64(1), 31-49.
Adler, P. S., & Shenbar, A. 1990. Adapting your technological base: The organizational challenge. Sloan Management Review, 25, 25-37.
OECD, Eurostat, 2005. Oslo manual: guidelines for collecting and interpreting innovation data. OECD Publ., Paris, France
Pisante, Fabio Stagnari, Cynthia A. Grant. 2012. Agricultural innovations for sustainable crop production intensification Michele. Italian Journal of Agronomy 2012; volume 7:e40
Porter ME, Ketels C, Delgado M, 2007. The microeconomic foundations of prosperity: findings from the business. The global competitiveness report 2007-2008. World Economic Forum
Etzkowitz, H. and Leydesdorff, L. 1995 'The Triple Helix: university-industry-government relations. A laboratory for knowledge-based economic development', EASST Review. European Society for the Study of Science and Technology, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp.18–36.
Yuwawutto, S., T. Smitinont, N. Charoenanong, N. Yokakul, S. Chatratana, and G. Zawdie, 2010. “A Triple Helix Strategy for Promoting SME Development: The Case of a Dried Banana Community Enterprise in Thailand,” Ind. High. Educ., 2010.
OECD, 2011. Fostering productivity and competitiveness in agriculture, OECD Publ., Paris, France
Rangaa, L.M., Joost Miedemab, and René Jorna. 2008. Enhancing the innovative capacity of small firms through triple helix interactions: challenges and opportunities Technology Analysis & Strategic Management Vol. 20, No. 6, November 2008, 697–716
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.