Research Culture and Productivity Improvement Through Online Journal System Development and Optimization
Keywords:OJS, research culture, writing productivity
AbstractThe research conducted by lecturers and students at a university has a strong correlation with the quality of the institution. Unfortunately, the culture of writing and researching is still far from expectation. Meanwhile, some departments in the institution still manually collected the articles from the lecturer or researchers that takes big effort and time to produce a single volume of the journal. This research was conducted to improve research culture in the Petroleum Engineering Department by optimizing a well-known online submission system called Open Journal System (OJS) that has been used in several departments. OJS is configured and optimized based on lessons learned from existing journals so that it could ease the lecturers to submit and the reviewers to examine the articles. The methodology in this research includes identifying existing problems and constraints, creating questionnaires that were distributed to lecturers and students, analyzing the results of the questionnaire and the obstacles, developing and introducing this system to students and lecturers. From the questionnaire result, some problems were identified and subjected to be solved. At the end of the research, the lecturers gave good feedback to the online journal system for its simple view and easiness of publication.
Conceição, P. and Heitor, M.V. and Horta, H. (2007 in press). R&D Funding in US Universities: From Public to Private Support or Public Policies Strengthening Diversification?, in J. Enders and B. Jongbloed (eds.) Public-Private Dynamics in Higher Education: Expectations, Developments, and Outcomes, Dordrecht: Kluwer.
Darmalaksana, Wahyudin., et.al. (). Analisis Ranking Produktivitas Publikasi Ilmiah Berbasis h-Index Google Scholar. Bandung: Pusat Penelitian dan Penerbitan UIN Sunan Gunung Djati.
Fatmawati, Endang. (2017). Penguatan Publikasi Ilmiah Dosen Melalui Kiprah Pustakawan Perguruan Tinggi. Jurnal Ilmiah Kepustakawanan “Libraria” Vol. 6(2): 63-78.
Indriani, Y. D. (2010). Open Journal System (Ojs) Untuk Mengelola Publikasi Ilmiah. Jurnal Pustakawan Indonesia Volume 10 No. 2, 38 - 46.
Handayani, Indri., Febriyanto, Erick., Shofwatullah, M. (2019). Upgrade System E-Journal Management Based Open Journal System (OJS) 2.4.8. to version 126.96.36.199. Jurnal Ilmiah SISFOTENIKA Vol. 9 (1): 1-13.
Horta, Hugo. (2008). On Improving the University Research Base: The Technical University of Lisbon Case in Perspective. Higher Education Policy, 21, (123-146).
Rahardja, U., Handayani, I., & Wijaya, R. (2018). Penerapan Viewboard Technomedia Journal menggunakan system iLearning Journal Center pada Perguruan Tinggi. Technomedia Journal, 2(2), 81-93.
Rahayu Rais, N. S., Supriati, R., & Danti, S. I. (1). Instalasi Open Journal System (OJS) Versi 3 Sebagai Pendukung Kegiatan Pengelolaan dan Publikasi Jurnal Ilmiah. Technomedia Journal, 2(2), 66-80.
Rufaidah, Vivit Wardah. (2010). Produktivitas Publikasi Peneliti Badan Litbang Pertanian. Jurnal Perpustakaan Pertanian Vol. 19(1):1-8.
Siroj, Muhammad Badrus. (). Pengembangan Model Pusat Kajian Literasi Guna Meningkatkan Budaya Membaca Mahasiswa Universitas Negeri Semarang. The 1st International Conference on Languange, Literature and Teaching.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.