Empowerment of Women Farmers Group through Processing of Agricultural Products in Hargomulyo Village, Kokap, Kulon Progo Yogyakarta
Keywords:community empowerment, women farmers group
AbstractKulon Progo is a district known as one of the centers for agricultural products in the Yogyakarta Special Region Province. Agricultural product processing efforts in Kulonprogo Regency still face challenges in terms of optimal community capacity and capabilities, especially as found in Hargomulyo Village, Kokap District. These Community Engagement Activities are intended for employment and increasing citizen participation, especially women in development through community empowerment. The Mekar Mandiri Women Farmera Group is a group of women farmer's wives or women in Hargomulyo Village who have activities in the agricultural sector in utilizing agricultural resources to work together to increase farm productivity and the welfare of its members. In carrying out its activities, the Mekar Mandiri Farmer Group has several obstacles: (1) Limited insight into developing agricultural business; (2) Limited skills in processing agricultural products; (3) Limited equipment for processing agricultural products. The solutions offered in Community Engagement activities are (1) training to broaden people's insights and capacity building, (2) facilitation of business equipment procurement, and (3) assistance in applying for home industry permits and trademarks. The conclusion that can be drawn from this community engagement activities are the development of an entrepreneurial spirit and increase the skill and ability of women farming groups member to process garden products (post-harvest).
Hudayana, Bambang, Pande Made Kutanegara, Setiadi, Agus Indiyanto, Zamzam Fauzanafi, Mubarika Dyah F.N., Wiwik Sushartami, dan Mohamad Yusuf, (2019), Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) untuk Pengembangan Desa Wisata di Pedukuhan Pucung, Desa Wukirsari, Bantul, Bakti Budaya, 2(2):99-112
Kolopaking, Lala M, Septianto, Marzuqo, Ambarita, Ervan, (2019), The Synergy of Village Developing Management through Corporate Social Responsibility Activities, Sodality: Jurnal Sosiologi Pedesaan, 7(2): 102-109.
Kurniawan, Jovi Andre and Suryawati, Retno, (2017), Sinergitas antar Stakeholders dalam Pengelolaan Ruang Terbuka Hijau (RTH) Taman Kota di Kota Temanggung, Jurnal Wacana Publik, 1(1):39-45.
Kurniyati, Yuli, Fitri Rahmawati, Pulut Suryati, (2014), Optimalisasi Pemanfaatan dan Diversifikasi Olahan Pangan Lokal Sebagai Upaya Pemberdayaan Masyarakat, Inotek, 18(1):1-15
Mustaffa, Che Su, Asyiek, Fauziah, (2015), Conceptualizing Framework for Women Empowerment in Indonesia: Integrating the Role of Media, Interpersonal Communication, Cosmopolite, Extension Agent, and Culture as Predictors Variables, Asian Social Science, 11(16): 1-15.
Mustanir, A, Hariyanti Hamid, Rifni Nikmat S, (2019), Pemberdayaan Kelompok Masyarakat Desa dalam Perencanaan Metode Partisipatif, Jurnal Moderat, 5(3):227-239
Pratama, Denny Riezki (2019), Peran Kewirausahaan Sosial dalam Pemberdayaan Masyarakat: Tiga Cerita dari Kutai Timur, Umbara: Indonesian Journal of Anthropology, 4(2):115-129
Rahmadanih, Sitti Bulkis, Andi Amrullah, Rusli M.Rukka, M.Arsyad, (2015), Strengthening Institutional Model of Women-Farmers Group in Developing Household Food Diversification, International Journal of Agriculture System (IJAS), 3(1): 29-40.
Yuliana, Dina, (2017), Pemberdayaan Perempuan oleh Balai Penyuluhan Pertanian (BPP) melalui Kelompok Wanita Tani “Mekar Asri” di Dusun Mekar Mukti Desa Pasirmukti Kecamatan Cineam Kabupaten Tasikmalaya, Dinamika : Jurnal Ilmu Administrasi Negara, 4(3):417-423.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.