Analysis of PT Jasa Marga's Financial Performance during Infrastructure Development Acceleration Program (The year 2014-2018)
Keywords:Infrastructure acceleration, Financial statement analysis, Toll road
AbstractJasa Marga is a state-owned company engaged in the field of toll road infrastructure. 2016 is the beginning of the company's to accelerate development which directly changes the company's strategy in decision making. This is a qualitative research to answer how Jasa marga manages their company during infrastructure acceleration form a financial performance point of view. There are five main measurements in financial analysis, they are Profitability Analysis, Operational Management Analysis, Investment Management Analysis, Funding Analysis Management, and Corporate Cash Flow Analysis. Acceleration of infrastructure decreases the profitability of the company because costs increase higher than the company revenue. Operational performance is worse due to Rising Costs. Management Investment shows that the company's returns are decreasing due to the company's net profit is decreasing. Funding management show, liquidity is decreasing due to the increase in short term liability; While solvency shows Jasa Marga relies on banks and bonds as the main source of company Funding. Cash flows Analysis shows infrastructure acceleration makes the free cash flow of the company declined throughout the year, this is related to revenue growth that is smaller than the increase in company costs.
Anjum, Sanobar. (2011). An Overview of Financial Ratios from 1900's Till Present Days. History of Finance eJournal.
Anthony, R.N Hawkins, D.F. Merchant, K.A. Accounting, text & cases. Singapore: McGraw-Hill
Bodie, Kane & Markus (2009). Investments 9th edition. New York: McGraw-Hill
Badan Pengatur Jalan Tol Kementerian Pekerjaan Umum, Peluang Investasi Jalan Tol Di Indonesia, Jakarta, 2015
Bhakti, Dwi. (2014). Indonesia's Toll-Road Infrastructure Finance, Jasa Marga and its Corporatization. SSRN Electronic Journal.
Fintibi. (2019). History and the development of financial analysis, https://www.fintibi.com/history-and-the-development-of-financial-analysis/
Government of Indonesia. 2011. Masterplan Acceleration and Expansion Economic Development 2011-2025
Iskandar. (2011) Analisis Laporan Keuangan pada PT. Jasa Marga (Persero) Tbk. dan PT. Citra Marga Nusaphala Persada Tbk. Periode 2007 Sampai 2009 untuk Perbandingan Kinerja Perusahaan. University of Surabaya
Lakhmani, P, Sikoria, R. 2012. Infrastructure Financing Instruments with a Special Emphasis on Highway and Roads, International Journal of Management Research and Review
Sullings, Glynn. (2019). Indonesia’s ‘Trans-Java Toll Road’ Infrastructural Development Project (2011-2019). https://www.centreforpublicimpact.org/case-study/indonesias-trans-java-toll-road-infrastructural-development-project-2011-2019/
Tarigan, Maria Delviana (2019). Analisis Rasio Keuangan pada PT. Jasa Marga (Persero) Tbk Cabang Belmera Periode 2015 – 2017. Universitas Sumatera Utara
Thompson, Arthur A. & Strickland, A. J. & Gamble, John. (2014). Crafting and executing strategy : the quest for competitive advantage : concepts and cases. Boston : McGraw-Hill
Wibowo, Andreas & Kochendörfer, Bernd. (2005). Financial Risk Analysis of Project Finance in Indonesian Toll Roads. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management
Wild, J.J., Subramanyam, K.R. & halsey, R.F. (2007). Financial Statement Analysis (9th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.