Social Media Marketing, Electronic Word of Mouth, and its Effect on Purchase Decision Process on The Warunk Upnormal Consumer
Keywords:Electronic Word of Mouth, Social Media Marketing, Purchase Decision Process.
AbstractThere Warunk UpNormal uses a variety of promotional strategies, including through social media. Warung UpNormal target market is the millennial segment, which is the largest segment in Indonesia's current demographic structure. Therefore, through social media, Warunk UpNormal establishes intense marketing communication with its target market. The purpose of this paper is to examine the effects of social media marketing and electronic word of mouth on a purchase decision process in Warunk UpNormal. A quantitative research methodology was used for the purpose of this research, and the data were collected from 400 customers of Warunk UpNormal who have seen social media and read reviews provided by Warunk Upnormal. The study finds that customers responded positively to Warunk UpNormal social media content, and they have engagement with Warunk UpNormal through social media. Contrary to expectation, the findings showed that both social media marketing and electronic word of mouth has positives but insignificant effect on the purchase decision process. The finding of this study contributes to an understanding of the selected factors in affecting the customer decision process in Warunk UpNormal.
Funk, Tom. (, 2011). Social Media Playbook for Business: Reaching Your Online Community with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and More. USA: Praeger Publishers.
Goyettee, Isabelle. (, 2010). e-WOM Scale: word-of-mouth measurement scale for e-services context. Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences. Canada: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Gunelius, Susan. (, 2011). 30 minute Social Media Marketing: Step by Step Techniques to Spread
the Words about your BusinessBusiness. New York: McGraw-Hill.
Kotler, Phillip & Keller, Kevin L. 2016. Marketing Management. 16th Edition. New Jersey: Prentice
Kotler, Phillip & Keller, Kevin L. 2012. Manajemen Pemasaran. Edisi 12. Jakarta: Erlangga. (S.J.
Bae et.al. 2016).
Sudaryono. 2014. Perilaku Konsumen Dalam Prespektif Pemasaran. Jakarta: Lentera Ilmu Cendekia.
(Syarifuddin et.al. 2016). https://www.medcom.id/ekonomi/mikro/akWGnXdk-umkm-kuliner-makin-bergeliat-di-2019
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.