Y Factory Study on Lean Production Management
Keywords:TPS, Lean Production, Lean Management.
AbstractTaiwan's small to the medium-sized traditional manufacturing industry is generally believed to have flourished in the 1970s due to the encouragement of the government to promote turning family living rooms into factories. With the hardworking attitude, these small factories were able to accumulate tiny good results and to converge into a significant force. Gradually, these family factories began to grow stronger, and they tried desperately to increase their productivity. They began to follow the model of standardization and mass production. However, did everything possible to reduce costs and to improve international competitiveness? In the study, we used Y Factory as an example to figure out their difficulties and achievements.
Womack, J. P., Jones,D. T.(1996), Lean Thinking: Banish Waste and Create Wealth in your Corporation, 2nd ed. Trans Hanching Chung (2015) Economic Trends Publisher, p12.
John Doerr (2018) Measure What Matters: How Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation Rock the World with OKRs. Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Trans SHIU,RUEI-SUNG (2019), Commonwealth Publisher, p16-21.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.