University Student's Perception of Jeremiah in New Normal Era: The controversy of Jeremiah's Calling as A Prophet
Keywords:Teachings of the Prophet, Controversy, Calling the Prophet, Student Perception
AbstractThis article describes how a great prophet, Jeremiah, who was chosen by God, worked among the Israelites who were living in exile. During his ministry, he received a lot of criticism from other prophets; there was a conflict in the news. In writing this article, a constructive theological approach was carried out for students in understanding the differences in the teachings conveyed by Jeremiah and the other prophets. This approach will explain how the content of Jeremiah's teaching is a message of peace that can be received by the Israelites as immigrants in a foreign land. How do students, as newcomers to a new place, adapt to the new context and lifestyle to feel peace?
Bright, John. The Date of the Prose Sermons of Jeremiah. London: SCM Press, LTD, 1951.
Clements, R.E. Jeremiah. Atlanta, Georgia: John Knox Press, 1988.
Crenshaw, James L. Makers of the Modern Theological Mind Gerhard Von Rad. Waco, Texas: Word Books Publisher, 1978.
Eissfeldt, Otto. The Old Testament An Introduction: The History of the Formation of the Old Testament. Terj. Peter R. Ackroyd. New York and Evanston: Harper and Row Publishers, 1965.
Koch, Klaus. The Prophets: The Assyrian Periode. Philadelphia: Fortress Press, 1989.
Ludji, Barnabas. Barnabas Ludji, Pemahaman Dasar Perjanjian Lama 2. Bandung: Bina Media Informasi, 2009.
Peter C. Craige, Page H. Kelley, dan Joel F. Drinkard, Jr. Jeremiah 1-25. Texas, Dallas: Word Book Publisher, 1991.
Thompson, J. A. The Book of Jeremiah. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 1980.
Thomson, J. G. S. The Word of The Lord in Jeremiah. London: The Tyndale Press, 1959.
Vriezen, Th. C. Agama Israel Kuno. Jakarta: BPK gunung Mulia, 2000.
Copyright (c) 2020 Herowati sitorus, Rogate Artaida Tiarasi Gultom, Megawati Manullang, Manusiar Hernawati Sitorus, Roy Charly Sipahutar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.