Land Disputes Due to Two Certificate Title on the Same of Land in Indonesia
AbstractThere are many land disputes, including cases of the certificate of title cancellation due to claims by other parties. The purpose of the research is to present an overview of the legal consequences if there are two land titles certificates on the same plot of land, causing legal uncertainty and uncertainty over land rights in Indonesia. This research uses the normative legal research method, descriptive, all of the data analyzed qualitatively. The resulting research that a certificate of title is a person's record of their land rights, which is issued by the National Land Agency to the person entitled to it. Certificate title has strong evidence of land rights regarding the physical and juridical data contained therein, as long as the data is in accordance with the data contained in the measurement letter and the land book (register) therein, which cannot be proven otherwise by other parties. Consequently, there are land disputes because there are two certificates on the same plot of land for several reasons. This research is restricted to land disputes on the certificate title to discuss. I argue that in the future, the National Land Agency should be responsible for changing its administrative management system. This research is limited to land disputes to the certificate title for discussion, and it is realized that it can be corrected in the future. This research contains research uniqueness.
Abdurrahman, 2009, “Settlement of Land Dispute”. LMPDP-Land Journal Land Development Policy Media, pp. 2.
AP. Parlindungan, 1988, Land Registration and Conversion of Land Title According to Basic Agrarian Law, (Bandung, Alumni, 1988), pp.2
---------. Indonesian Agrarian Law, History of Establishment of Basic Agrarian Laws, Content and Implementation, Jakarta: Universitas Trisakti, 2013, pp.71.
Burns, Fiona. “Adverse Possession and Title by Registration System in Australia and England”, Melbourne University Law Review, vol. 35, pp. 777-779, 791-792, 2011.
Dworkin, Ronald, 1973, Legal Research (Daedalus: Spring, 1973), pp. 250.
Erp, Sjef van, 2017, “Land Registration Systems: Public, Private or Privately Public?”, European Property Law Journal, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 1-3.
Fitzpatrick, Daniel, 1997, “Disputes and Pluralism in Indonesian Land Law”, Yale Journal of International Law, vol. 22, pp. 170.
Ginting, Darwin, 2016, “Land Registration in Information Technology Perspective a Basis of Basic Agrarian Law in Indonesia”, International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research, vol. 5, no. 05, pp. 185.
Harsono, Boedi, 2007, Towards the Improvement of National Land Law, (Jakarta: Penerbit Universitas Trisakti, Edisi 2007), pp. 4.
Hogg, James Edward, 1918, “Registration of Title to Land”, Yale Law Journal, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 51-58.
Hutchinson, Terry, 2002, Researching and Writing in Law, New South Wales: Published Lawbook Co, pp. 35.
Laksamana, Rofiq, et.all, 2018, “Reconstruction Presumtion of Release Right on Land (Rechtsverwerking) in Land Registration in Indonesia”, International Journal of Business Economics and Law, Vol. 16, Issue 5, August, pp.198.
Leks, Eddy, 2017, “Road to Legal Certainty Over Land Acquisition”, The Jakarta Post, 10 Maret 2017.
Low, Rouhshi, Lynden Griggs, 2011, “Immediate Indefeasibility-is it Under Threat”, Australian Property Law Journal, vol. 19, pp. 222.
Marzuki, Peter Mahmud, 2011, Legal Research, Jakarta: Publisher Kencana Prenada Media Group, pp. 133.
Massie, Eugene C. 1900. “The Torrens System of Land Registration and Transfer”, the Virginia Law Register, vol. 6, no. 4, Aug., 1900.
Nae, Fandri Entiman, 2013, “Legal Certainty of Certified Land Rights Ownership”, Jurnal Lex Privatum, Vol. I/No.5,2013), pp.62.
Sumardjono, Maria S.W., 2000, Land Law in Various Aspects, (Medan: Bina Media,2000), pp.36.
Yaqin, Anwarul, 2007, Legal Research and Writing. Malaysia: Malayan Law Journal SdnBhd-LexisNexis. pp.10.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.