Hybrid Cryptosystem Analysis by Using The Combination of Vigenere Cipher and RSA for Text Security
Keywords:Cryptography, Hybrid Cryptosystem, Vegenere Cipher, RSA
AbstractThe development of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) brought many benefits to the needs of human life, especially the needs for the information which is increasingly obtained easily. This is in line with the need for information security from parties who want to get important data so that it can harm the owner of the source data. One of the data safeguards used is cryptography. Once the importance of data security, almost all activities of human life cannot be separated from cryptography. According to the key used, cryptography can be divided into two, namely: symmetric cryptography and asymmetric cryptography, which has its own advantages and disadvantages. The objective of this research is to analyze through the calculation results so that they can be applied to overcome the weaknesses that occur from the two types of cryptography. The hybrid cryptosystem coding method is always used to overcome the weaknesses of the two cryptographs. The coding process in this research uses two cryptographic algorithms. They are the Vigenere Cipher algorithm as an example of a symmetrical algorithm and the RSA (Rivest Shamir Adleman) algorithm, which is an example of an asymmetric algorithm. The result of the research on the calculation shows that there is increased security in the encryption because there will be two encodings, namely the coding of the messages by the Vigenere Cipher cryptographic algorithm and key coding by the RSA cryptographic algorithm
Ariyus, D. (2008) Pengantar ilmu kriptografi: teori analisis & implementasi. Yogyakarta: ANDI. Retrieved at: https://books.google.co.id/books?id=3SSTJONEmX0C&printsec=frontcover&hl=id#v=onepage&q&f=false.
Gunawan, I. (2018) “Kombinasi algoritma Caesar cipher dan algoritma RSA untuk pengamanan file dokumen dan pesan teks,” Infotekjar, 2(1), pp. 124–129.
Gupta, R. K. dan Singh, P. (2013) "A New Way to Design and Implementation of Hybrid Crypto System for Security of the Information in Public Network," 3(8), pp. 108–115.
Jamaludin (2019) “Rancang Bangun Kombinasi Hill Cipher dan RSA Menggunakan Metode Hybrid Cryptosystem,” Sinkron, 2(April 2018). Retrieved at: https://jurnal.polgan.ac.id/index.php/sinkron/article/view/139.
Rakhman, A. A. dan Kurniawan, A. W. (2015) “Implementasi Algoritma Kriptografi Rivest Shamir Adleman ( Rsa ) Dan Vigenere Cipher Pada Gambar Bitmap 8 Bit,” Techno.COM, 14(2), pp. 122–134, ISSN:2356-2579. Retrieved at: http://publikasi.dinus.ac.id/index.php/technoc/article/view/886/657.
Rifki Sadikin (2012) Kriptografi untuk keamanan jaringan. Yogyakarta: Penerbit ANDI.
Rinaldi, M. (2006) Kriptografi. Bandung: Informatika. Retrieved at: https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=th&as_sdt=0,5&cluster=16551445928354209324.
Romindo, R. (2018) “Analisa Perbandingan Algoritma Monoalphabetic Cipher Dengan Algoritma One Time Pad Sebagai Pengamanan Pesan Teks,” Sinkron, 2(April 2018). Retrieved at: http://jurnal.polgan.ac.id/index.php/sinkron/article/view/123.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.