Improving Mathematical Reasoning Ability Through Guided Discovery Methods Assisted By Autograph Software
Keywords:Mathematical Reasoning, Guided Discovery Method, Autograph
AbstractThis study aims to compare the improvement of students' mathematical reasoning abilities taught by guided discovery learning methods assisted by autograph with the guided discovery learning method without autograph software. This research is a quasi-experimental study with a population of 122 people. Randomly two classes are selected from the available classes divided into two sample classes. The first experimental class was given treatment by Guided Discovery learning Method assisted by autograph software, while another class was given treatment by guided discovery learning method without autograph software. The instrument used in this study was a test. Then the test results are tested using the t-test with the help of SPSS with the test criteria is reject H0 if the t-table is smaller than t arithmetic. The results showed that the t count was 2,785 while the t table was 2,000. It means that the students who are taught by the guided discovery learning method assisted by autograph (First experiment) are higher than the students who are taught by the guided discovery learning method without autograph (Second experiment).
Shadiq, F. 2009. Junior High School Mathematics Learning Models Yogyakarta: Ministry of National Education's P4TK Mathematics.
Batubara, IH. 2017. Improving Mathematical Critical Thinking Ability Through Problem Based Learning Assisted by Autograph and Geogebra at SMA Freemethodist Medan. University of Muhammadiyah Sumatera Utara. V(6). 97-104. Retrieved from http://jurnal.umsu.ac.id/index.php/kumpulandosen/article/view/1368
Batubara, IH. 208. Peningkatan Kemampuan Pemahaman Konsep Melalui Metode Penemuan Terbimbing Melalui Software Autograph Pada Mata Kuliah Kalkulus Peubah Banyak.V(1), 51-58, https://jurnal.uisu.ac.id/index.php/mesuisu/article/view/869
Rusefendi, E.T. 1993. Basic Statistics For Educational Research. Bandung: IKIP Bandung
Saragih, S. (2007). Developing Mathematical Thinking and Communication Skills for Junior High School Students Through a Realistic Mathematical Approach Bandung: Program Pascasarjana UPI Bandung.
Stanislaus, 2006. Pedoman Analisis Data dengan SPSS 16. Yogyakarta : Penerbit Graha Ilmu
Dwi Priyanto, 2009. Independent Learning with the SPSS Program. Jakarta Selatan : Penerbit Buku Kita
Sambas Ali, Dkk, 2009. Analysis of Correlation, Regression, and Anova Pathways in Research. Bandung : Penerbit CV Pustaka Setia
Sarwono, Jonathan. 2008. Penelitian Pendekatan Kuantitatif dan Kualitatif. Bandung: Lembaga Penelitian, Universitas Komputer Indonesia
Sugiyono. 2005. Statistics for research. Bandung : Penerbit CV Alfabeta Bandung
Ghozali, H. Imam. 2013. Multivariate Analysis Application with IBM SPSS 22 Program. Semarang: Badan Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro.
Alifah, A.U. 2018. Using of Autograph Software in Improving Students' Mathematical Reasoning Ability. Digital Library, UIN Sunan Gunung Djati, Bandung
Ekaningsih, B. 2012. Improving High School Students' Mathematical Understanding and Reasoning Ability through Autograph-assisted Metacognitive Approach.. Thesis. Indonesia University of Education.
Sriwahyuni, 2020. The Development Teaching Materials Subject Class Calculus of Many Variable Based on Discovery Learning Model at Education Faculty University of Muhammadiyah
Sumatera Utara, V(2), 2. Retrieved from https://ojs.unimal.ac.id/index.php/ijevs/article/view/2137
Dachi, SW. 2020. The Development of Learning Model Through Problem Based Instruction on Student’s Motivation Improvement In Mathematics Education, V(2), 2, https://ojs.unimal.ac.id/index.php/ijevs/article/view/2284
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.