The Influence of Role Conflict, Role Ambiguity and Role Overload on Auditor Performance (Empirical Study at the BPK Representative Office of the Republic of Indonesia in Maluku Province)
Keywords:Role Conflict, Role Ambiguity, Role Overload, and Auditor Performance.
AbstractThis research is motivated by a decrease in auditor performance caused by problems that occur in the auditors' work environment. This study aims to determine the effect of role conflict, role ambiguity, and role overload on auditor performance. The research method used is descriptive quantitative. The population in this study were the auditors of BPK RI Representatives of Maluku Province, which also became the sample. Data collection techniques through distributing questionnaires to 50 respondents auditors of BPK RI Representatives of Maluku. Data analysis techniques using multiple regression. The test results show that role conflict has a negative and significant effect on the performance of the auditors, which shows that the more role conflicts the auditor gets, the lower his performance. Role ambiguity variable has no effect because role ambiguity can make someone uncomfortable at work, which in turn will affect the auditor's performance. Meanwhile, the role overload variable has no effect, indicating that excessive work pressure with limited time will make the auditor's performance not optimal in his work.
Dyah Sih Rahayu, 2002: Antecedents and Consequences of Role Stress on the Independent Auditor; Indonesian Journal of Accounting Research; Vol 5, No.2
Ghozali, Imam, 2013: Multivariate Analysis Application With IBM SPSS 21 Program, Semarang; Diponegoro University Publishing Agency.
Hanna, Elizabeth and Friska Firnanti, 2013. FactorsAffecting Auditor Performance. Journal of Business and Accounting; Vol. 15 No. 1; 13-28
Handoko B.L, 2019; The Effect of Audit Technique, Auditor Skill and Role of Whistleblower on Effectiveness of Government Audit; International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering. 9 (2), 1525-1530
Lidya Agustina, 2009; The Influence of Role Conflict, Role Ambiguity and Role Overload on Employee Satisfaction and Auditor Performance; Accounting journal;Vol. 1 No. 1.
Kompiang Martina Dinata Putri, 2013: The Influence of the Independence of Professionalism and Professional Ethics on Auditor Performance in KAP in Bali; E-Journal Accounting; Vol 4 No. 1.
Putra, I Gede Bandar Wira and Dodik Ariyanto, 2012: The Influence of Independence, Professionalism, Audit Structure and Role Stress on the Performance of the BPK RI Representatives of the Province of Bali; Accounting journal; 1-18.
Rapina, 2008; Relationship between Supervision, Role Stress and Performance and the desire to move to KAP in Jakarta; Scientific Journal of Accounting; Vol. 7 No. 1.
Rheni Afriana Hanif, 2013: The Effect of Audit Structure, Role Conflict and Role Ambiguity on Auditor Performance; Journal of Economics Vol 21 No. 3.
I Gede Bandar Wira Putra, Dodik Aryanto, 2012; The Influence of Independence, Professionalism, Audit Structure, and Role Stress on the Performance of BPK RI Auditor Representatives of Bali Province; E Journal Accounting; Vol 1 No. 1.
Jemmy Esrom Serang, Wiwik Utami, 2020; The Effect of Professionalism, Leadership Style, Organizational Commitment and Locus of Control on Auditor Performance (Study at a Public Accounting Firm in Jakarta); International Journal Of Advanced in Scientific Research and Engineering.
Meilda Wiguna, Khoirul Aswar, Eka Hariyani, 2020; Auditor Performance in Public Accounting Firm in Riau: The Moderating Effect of Emotional Quotient; European Journal of Business and Management Research.
Yilmaz Akgunduz, 2015; The Influence of Self-Esteem and Role Strees on Job Performance in Hotel Business; International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management.
Zainal Fanani, Rheni A Hanif, Bambang Subroto, 2008: The Effect of Audit Structure, Role Conflict and Role Ambiguity on Auditor Performance; JAKI Vol 5 No. 2
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.