Monitoring of The Fertility Ambon Bay Using Aqua MODIS Satellite Imagery After Launching of Save Ambon Bay Program
Keywords:Ambon bay, Aqua Modis, chlorophyll-a
AbstractAmbon Bay pollution had become a problem when in 1994, there was an algae bloom, which caused 34 people to get sick, and 3 of them died from eating shellfish that had been contaminated with poison from toxic phytoplankton. Since then, various mass media have reviewed and commented on the quality of the Ambon Bay waters. The highlight of the Ambon Bay pollution occurred when in November 2012, the Director-General of Marine Affairs and Small Islands (KP3K) of the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (KKP) at that time, Eko Radiyanto, personally admitted that he was concerned about the pollution that occurred in Ambon Bay. Since then, the program "Kalesang Teluk Ambon or Save Ambon Bay" has been launched. The problem that has arisen is how the condition of the fertility of Ambon Bay since the save ambon Bay program was launched to date. The purpose of this study was to monitor the fertility of the Ambon bay in the last eight years since the Save Ambon bay program was launched. Monitoring was carried out from 2013 to 2020 by utilizing remote sensing technology by processing Aqua Modis satellite image data to determine the value of chlorophyll-a distribution as an indicator of water fertility. The results showed that in the first year of the Ambon Bay save the program, there was an increase in the fertility of Ambon Bay from 0.39 to 0.90 mg / m3, but after that, there was a decrease from year to year except in 2020, fertility increased dramatically from 0.31 to 1.00 mg / m3.
Situs Kota Ambon. 2013. Selamatkan teluk Ambon. http://www.ambon.go.id/selamatkan-teluk-ambon-pemkot-ambon-bersama-faperik-unpatti-gelar-seminar-ilmiah/
Debby, A. J. S., Adiwilaga, E. M., Dahuri, R., Muchsin, I., & Effendi, H. (2009). Sebaran spasial luasan area tercemar dan analisis beban pencemaran bahan organik pada perairan Teluk Ambon Dalam.
Edward. 1996. Kualitas Perairan Teluk Ambon. Tesis. Perpustakaan Universitas Indonesia. http://lib.ui.ac.id/opac/ui/detail.jsp?id=80212&lokasi=lokal
Hanung A. M. dan Isdy S. 2012. Jurnal Omni-Akuatika Vol. XI No.14:28-40
Kompas.com. Pencemaran teluk Ambon Kian Parah. 2012. http://regional.kompas.com/read/2012/11/01/14523112/Pencemaran.Teluk.Ambon.Kian.Parah.
Sarapang R. N. 2006. Penentuan Zona Potensial Penangkapan Ikan menggunakan citra satelit MODIS. Skripsi tidak dipublikasikan. Bandung: ITB.
Hendiarti, N., Aldrian, E., AMRI, K., ANDIASTUTI, R., SACHOEMAR, S. I., & WAHYONO, I. B. (2005). Seasonal variation of pelagic fish catch around Java. Oceanography, 18(4), 112-123.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.