Preliminary Design Calculation of Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC) Machine
Keywords:Design calculation, Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC), Mechanics Material, Aluminum alloys
AbstractThis research aims to evaluate the design calculation of stress corrosion cracking (SCC) machine. The design calculation was based on the specimen standard of SCC in the constant load set up for Aluminum alloys by using mechanics material principles. The results of the design calculation show that the minimum radius horizontal material support, horizontal walking support, and horizontal load support were 8.50, 9.73, and 6.7 mm that is made of steel, respectively. The minimum radius of specimen support and the load support is 3.2 mm that is made of steel and 1.75 mm that is made of stainless steel, respectively. The height of the walking load support in the center must be higher than the height of the walking load support in the corner as per moment calculation.
Anon., ASM Aerospace Specification Metals Inc. Available at http://asm.matweb.com/search/SpecificMaterial.asp?bassnum=MA6061T6, Accessed 2020.
Cwalina, B., 2014. Biodeterioration of concrete, brick, and other mineral-based building materials. In: T. Liengen, R. Basseguy, D. Feron, and I. B. Beech, 1st eds. Understanding Biocorrosion: Fundamentals and Application: Woodhead Publishing. 281-312.
Dietzel, W., and Srinivasan, P. B., 2011. Testing and evaluation methods for stress corrosion cracking (SCC) in metals. Australia: Woodhead Publishing Limited.
Geissler, D., Uhlemann, M., and Gebert, A., 2019. Catastrophic stress corrosion failure of Zr-base bulk metallic glass through hydrogen embrittlement. Corrosion Science, 159, 108057.
Hamann, C. R., and Hamann, D., 2018. Metals in Everyday Life. In: J. T. J.K. Chen, ed. Metals allergy: Springer International Publishing, 137-162.
Kumar, M. V., Balasubramanian, V., Rajakumar, S., and Albert, S. K., 2015. Stress Corrosion Cracking Behaviour of Gas Tungsten Asr welded Super Austenitic Stainless Steel Joints. Defense Technology, 11, 282-291.
Popoola, L. T. et al., 2013. Corrosion Problems during Oil and Gas Production and Its Mitigation. International Journal of Industrial Chemistry, 4 (35), 1-15.
Rao, M. A., Babu, R. S. & Kumar, M. V., 2018. Stress Corrosion Cracking Failure of SS316L High-Pressure Heater Tube. Engineering Failure Analysis, 90, 14-22.
Rao, A. C. U., Vasu, V., Govindaraju, M. & Srinadh, K. V. S., 2016. Stress Corrosion Cracking Behaviour of 7xxx Alumunium Alloys: A Literature Review. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, 26 (6), 1447-1471.
Robert, R., 2020. Metals for Buildings: Essential & Fully Recyclable: International Polar Foundation.
Shen, S. et al., 2019. A Study on Stress Corrosion Cracking and Hydrogen Embrittlement of Jethete M152 Martensitic Stainless Steel. Material Science and Engineering A, A740-741, 243-251.
Wu, S. et al., 2018. Investigation of Cable Bolts for Street Corrosion Cracking Failure. Construction and Building Materials, 187, 1224-1231.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.