Development of Ngebel Volcano as Geoheritage and Tourism Education of Volcano, Electric Energy and Geothermal, Ponorogo, East Java
Keywords:volcano, geoheritage, tourism, energy, education
AbstractNgebel area is part of the Wilis volcano complex. This volcano is a Quaternary Stratovolcano which has several educational locations in the form of volcanic activities, historical traces of the Dutch colonial era to the Japanese era, and local legends. Educational tourism locations include Ngebel Lake, Mloko Sewu, Widodaren Waterfall, Andesite Lava Autobreccia, Agglomerates, Pyroclastic Flow, Pyroclastic Fall, Hot Springs, Mud Pool, Hydroelectric Power Plant, and Dutch Channel. The methodology used in this study is a vertical rock profile, outcrop observation, petrographic analysis, and information compilation. This study aims to provide insight into geotourism education and education about the history of the Indonesian nation. Understanding events around nature and understanding the history of the nation are expected to foster the motivation for patriotism and state defense for the Indonesian nation. By better understanding the geography and culture of the Ngebel people, we hope that in the future there will be much better ideas to improve Ngebel tourism and the welfare of the surrounding community.
Bemmelen, van, RW. 1949. The Geology of Indonesia, IA, Government Printing Office, Martinus Nijhoff, The Hague, 792 p
Hartono, U., Baharuddin, Brata, K. 1992. Geological Map of Madiun Sheet, East Java Scale
Hartono, U., 1994. The Olivine, Pyroxene and Amphibole Chemistry From The Wilis Volcano, East Java, Journal of Geology and Mineral Resources, vol. IV June 1994, p. 7-19.
Pusat Survei Geologi. 2017. Petunjuk Teknis Asesmen Sumberdaya Warisan Geologi, Bandung: Pusat Survei Geologi, Badan Geologi, Kementerian Energi dan Sumber Daya Mineral.
Putra, SDH, Rizki, R., Akbar, AK, 2014. Volcanostratigraphic Study and its Implication to The Geothermal Resource Estimation of Mount Wilis, East Java, Proceedings, 3rd International ITB Geothermal Workshop 2014, Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia, March 3 -7, 2014
Pulunggono and Martodjojo S. 1994. Paleogene-Neogeneous Tectonic Changes Are The Most Important Tectonic Events in Java, Proc. Geology and Geotectonics of Java Island from Late Mesozoic to Quaternary, ISBN: 979 - 8611 - 00 - 4, 37 - 50, 1-14.
Salaudeen, A.B., Dung-Gown, J.Y., David, B. 2018. Review Landscape Assessment Paradigms in Landscape Perception Research. International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology. pp 440-445.
Setiawan, B. 2012. Strategi Pengembangan Geoheritage di Sumatera Selatan Melalui Optimalisasi Lokasi Kuliah Lapangan Prodi Teknik Geologi Unsri, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/332414920_Strategi_Pengembangan_Geoheritage_di_Sumatera_Selatan_Melalui_Optimalisasi_Lokasi_Kuliah_Lapangan_Prodi_Teknik_Geologi_Unsri
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.