Alternative Environmental Management in The Split Making Industry
Keywords:Spread, control, stone crusher, dust, fog
AbstractThe purpose of this study is to carry out environmental management in the split-making industry, especially on the spread of dust. In the field of building construction, at the stage of casting activities, various construction materials are needed, such as cement, sand, water, iron, and splits. The existence of a split will further increase the strength of the cast. Therefore, splits are indispensable in the field of construction. The raw material for the split is andesite stone. In the split production process using a stone crusher called a stone crusher. In the operation of this stone crusher, the dust appears generated from andesite stone flakes which are being reduced in size to split. The dust will spread to the surrounding environment because it is carried away by the wind. This condition will cause a negative impact, namely a decrease in air quality. Therefore, steps/actions should be taken to minimize the spread of dust, namely by capturing the dust that comes out of the stone crusher tool carried by the exhaust gas flow. The equipment used in this research is a laboratory-scale using a fogging method dust catcher. The sprayer hole diameter is the independent variable, while the other quantities are the dependent variable. The research was conducted on the nozzle diameter as much as 5 quantities and carried out 3 replications for each quantity, then averaged the results. After the research was carried out, the data obtained from the research showed that the optimum condition for the mass of dust that was caught by the fog was the diameter of the sprayer hole 1, 45 mm with an average dust mass that can be caught by the fog is 14,068.33 µg and average efficiency value of 72.67%. The line equation which states the relationship between the variable sprayer hole diameter and the mass of dust caught by the fog is Y = -14.722.X3 - 782.86 X2 + 4978.5X +6265.7 with a percent error of 1.53%, while the line equation states the relationship between diameter nozzle with an efficiency value that is Y = 0.1042X3 - 5.3775X2 + 28.608X + 30.564 with an average percent error of 2.37%.
Abishek, P.S. and Ramachandran, P.N., 2015, "Design of pleated bag filter system for particulate emission control in cement industry", International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume 02 Issue 05, India.
Fityatur, R., 2015, “Dampak Sosial-Ekonomi Pabrik Semen Puger Di Kecamatan Puger Kabupaten Jember”, Jember.
Khattak, Z., Ahmad, J., Ali, H.M., and Shah, S., 2013, “Contemporary dust control techniques in cement industry, Electrostatic Precipitator - a case study”, World Applied Sciences Journal 22 (2) pp.202-209, Pakistan.
Otaru, A.J., Odigure, J.O., Okafor, J.O., and Abdulkareem, A.S., 2013, Investigation into particulate pollutant concentration from a cement plant: a case study of Obajana Cement Plc, Lokoja, Nigeria, IQSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology, and Food Technology (IQSR-JESTFT), Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.89-96, Nigeria.
Thaib, Y.P. dkk, 2014, Hubungan Antara Paparan Debu Dengan Kejadian Gangguan Saluran Pernafasan Pada Masyarakat Kelurahan Kairagi Satu Lingkungan 3 Kota Manado, Universitas Sam Ratulangi, Manado.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.