Reservoir Simulation Modeling With Polymer Injection in Naturally Fractured Carbonate Reservoir
Keywords:Naturally Fractured Reservoir, Reservoir Simulation, Carbonate, Polymer Injection, Inverted 5-Spot.
AbstractNaturally fractured carbonate reservoirs (NFCR) generally have very large residual reserves and are suitable for advanced production stages, where oil recovery in the Naturally fractured carbonate reservoir can be carried out by polymer injection. This study uses a hypothetical model using 5 wells, where during the initialization it has an Original Oil In Place (OOIP) of 12.129 MMSTB. The reservoir simulation was performed at basecase and showed a Recovery Factor (RF) of 8% with cumulative production of 973.66 MSTB. This recovery factor is the reason why polymer is used, the working mechanism of the polymer is by reducing the mobility ratio so that the viscosity of the water will increase and be able to sweep away the oil that is still left in the reservoir rock. There are 5 scenarios used in this study, where each scenario has different concentrations of 50 lb/d, 100 lb/d, 150 lb/d, 150 lb/d, 200 lb/d, 250 lb/d, respectively, then each scenario is tested with different rates in a succession of 500 bbl/day, 750 bbl/day, 1000 bbl/day, 1250 bbl/day, 1500 bbl/day, but the pattern of each scenario is the same as using an inverted-5-spot pattern. From all the scenarios, the best scenario is the third scenario, namely using a polymer concentration of 150 lb/d and a rate of 1250 bbl/d which can increase recovery factor from 10.81 to 18.81% with cumulative production of 2.282 MMSTB.
Aguilera, Roberto “Naturally Fractured Reservoirs”.Pennwell Publishing Company.,Tulsa, Oklahoma, Chapter 1 (P. 6-20)., 1995.
Bourdarot, Gilles., et, al. “Modified EOR Screening Criteria as Apllied to a Group of Offshore Carbonate Oil Reservoirs”., SPE 148323., dipresentasikan di Abu Dhabi, UAE, 9-11 Oktober 2011.
Craig. Jr., Forrest F., “The Reservoir Engineering Aspect of Water Flooding”, American Institute Mining, Metalurgicall, and Petroleum Engineers, Inc., New York, Dallas, 1971.
Dr. Suranto., ST., MT., et. al. “Polimer Hasil Modifikasi Hydrolized Polyacrylamide Dan Teos Untuk Pengurasan Minyak Tahap Lanjut” UPN “Veteran” Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta, (P.4-31). 2019.
Lozada, Mifuel., et. al. “Selectively Shutting Off Gas in Naturally Fractured Carbonate Reservoirs” SPE-168195, dipresentasikan di Lafayete, Louisiana, USA, 26 – 28 Februari 2014.
Pamungkas, Joko. “Pemodelan dan Aplikasi Simulasi Reservoir”. Yogyakarta, Bab 3 (Halaman 1- 111). 2011.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.