Core Sampling Procedure For Use As Artificial Core In Enhanced `Oil Recovery (EOR) Study
Keywords:Core, Artificial core, EOR
AbstractThe core sampling procedure must be carried out properly in order to produce cores of good quality. A good core sample will have an effect on the accuracy of the data that will be used. The core sampling method consists of Drill-string Coring and Wireline Coring. Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) study is a laboratory study to measure compatibility and amount of recovery. In that laboratory study, core samples from the reservoir are required to be carried out by the Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) study. Because the cost of taking the original core samples from the reservoir is quite expensive, usually the core samples used in this study are often called artificial core. A good candidate for an artificial core is a core that has similar characteristics and properties to the condition of the reservoir. The candidate quality of core samples is very important because the sample will represent the properties of the reservoir. By evaluating physical properties of the rock such as porosity, permeability, rock mineralogy, and the distribution of physical properties in the core sample, the best quality of the core sample will be obtained where the sample can represent the reservoir in the research area that Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) study will be conducted.
Dewan, J.T., “Essentials of Modern Open Hole Log Interpretation”, 1983.
Gatlin, C., “Petroleum Engineering - Drilling and Well Completions”, 1960.
Kristanto, D., and Cahyoko Aji, D., “Diktat Praktikum Penilaian Formasi”, 2012.
Prison, S.J., “Handbook of Well Logs Analysis for Oil and Gas Formation Evaluation”, 1963.
C. E. Ubani and Y.B. Adeyobe, “Advance in Coring and Core Analysis for Reservoir Formation Evaluation”, 2012.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.