Geology Information for Community-Based Landslide Risk Prevention and Mitigation
Keywords:Geology Information, Participatory Mapping, Community Landslide Management
AbstractThe research location is in the village of Wukirsari, Imogiri Imogiri, Bantul Regency, Special Region of Yogyakarta. The study was conducted quantitatively and qualitatively, with data collection by purposive and snowball. Landslide area of 7,922 m2 on 17/3/2019 was at coordinates 433409.04 mE, 9124439.00 mS, moving towards N190oE. The type of landslide is found in the form of rock flow and debris slide. Landslides are triggered by high rainfall and nonworking drainage system in the study area so that the water load increases beyond the critical limit. Until now there has been no landslide information system. Collecting the geology information, using participatory mapping, has been able to increase community-based awareness of resilience in (1) assessing landslide risk, (2) monitoring the character of landslide hazards, (3) disseminating information on potential landslides, and (4) strengthening community response capacity against landslides.
Kuppuswamy, S. (2010). ICT Approaches in Disaster management: Public Awareness, Educa-tion and Training, Community Resilience in India. Advanced ICTs for Disaster Management And Threat Detection: Collaborative and Distributed Frameworks, 22- 34.
Kuppuswamy, S., & Rajarathnam, S. (2009). Women, information technology, and disaster management: tsunami districts of Tamil Nadu. International Journal of Innovation and Sus-tainable Development, Vol. 4, Nos. 2/3, 2009, 206-216.
Paripurno, E., Lassa, J., Pujiono, P., Magatani, A., Parlan, H. (2014). Panduan Pengelolaan Risiko Bencana Berbasis Komunitas (PRBBK). Jakarta.
Paripurno, Eko Teguh. 2006. Penerapan PRA untuk Manajemen Bencana. Yogyakarta: Pusat Studi Manajemen Bencana UPN Veteran Yogyakarta.
Sagun, A. (2010). Efficient Deployment of ICT Tools in Disaster Management Process. Ad-vanced ICTs for Advanced ICTs for and Threat Detection: Collaborative and Distributed Frameworks, 212.
Sauvagnargues-Lesage, S., & Ayral, P.-A. (2007). Using GIS for emergency management: a case study during the 2002 and 2003 flooding in south-east France. Int. J. Emergency Man-agement, 682-703.
Suriadi, A.B. dkk. 2014. Analisis Potensi Risiko Bencana Tanah Longsor di Kecamatan Ciamis dan Kota Banjar, Jawa Barat. Bogor : BIG.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.