Utilization Of Coconut Waste As A Planting Media “Ccocopeat Plus” In Kebonrejo Village, Candimulyo District, Magelang Regency
Keywords:coconut husk waste, cocopeat plus, packaging design, marketing
AbstractKebonrejo is one of the villages in Candimulyo District, Magelang Regency, which is a coconut center area since most of the land area in the village is planted with coconut. The main problem in the village is that the coconut fruit harvest leaves an abundance of coconut husk as waste which only accumulates in the yard and pollutes the environment or coconut husk are only used for cooking fuel. In addition, there is a lack of public knowledge to process coconut husk into products that have economic value and do not yet have coconut husk crushing machines. The Service Team collaborates with the youth group Taruna Jaya and KWT Srikandi Tani as partners to process coconut husk so that it provides added value and has economic value into coconut husk powder/cocopeat plus by adding organic guano phosphate fertilizer, with attractive product packaging and how to market the product. The service team provides assistance to decompose coconut husks so that activities run routinely and sustainably. The implementation method used is lecture, practice, and mentoring. Activities that have been carried out include socialization and discussion, the practice of operating coconut husk crushing machines, practice, and assistance on cocopeat plus manufacturing technology, packaging design, and product marketing through social networks or online media. The results of the community service program for partners are (1) skilled in operating the coconut husk crushing machine; (2) skilled in processing coconut husk waste into cocopeat plus; (3) increasing knowledge and creativity in packaging design: (4) be more creative in managing product marketing through the website or social media; (5) being expected to increase income.
Fahmi, Z. Ismail. 2015.Media Tanam sebagai Faktor Eksternal yang Mempengaruhi Pertumbuhan Tanaman. Balai Besar Perbenihan dan Proteksi Tanaman Perkebunan
Irawan, A. dan Hidayah, H. N. 2014. Kesesuaian Penggunaan Cocopeat sebagai Media Sapih
Pada Politube dalam Pembibitan Cempaka (Magnolia elegans). Jurnal Wasian 1(2):
Muliawan, L. 2009. Pengaruh Media Semai Terhadap Pertumbuhan Pelita (Eucalyptus
pellita F. Muell) Skripsi. Institut Pertanian Bogor. Bogor. 104 hlm.
Purwanto E. 2019. Pentingnya Desain Kemasan Produk. https://www.inacraftnews.com/pentingnya-desain-kemasan-produk/
Rifqi . 2019. Media Tanam Hidroponik Cocopeat – Keunggulan dan Kekurangan. https://ilmubudidaya.com/media-tanam-hidroponik-cocopeat
Suwarno dan K. Idris. 2007. Potensi dan kemungkinan penggunaan guano secara langsung sebagai pupuk di Indonesia. J. Tanah Lingk., 9 (1):37-43
Towaha, J.,G. Indriati & Rusli. 2008. Komponen Buah dan Fitokimia Daging Buah Kelapa Genjah. Agrin Vol. 12, No. I, April 2008. ISSN: 1410-0029. Hal 23-34.
Untari, D., & Fajariana, D. E. (2018). Strategi Pemasaran Melalui Media Sosial Instagram (Studi Deskriptif Pada Akun @Subur_Batik). Widya Cipta, 2(2), 271–278.
Wuryaningsih, S., S. Andyantoro, & A. Abdurachman2004. Media Tumbuh,Kultivar&Daya Hantar Listrik Pupuk untuk Bunga Anthurium Potong.J.Hort14(Ed. Khusus):359-367.
Zarella, Dan. 2010. The Social Media Marketing Book. Jakarta: Serambi Ilmu Semesta Anggota IKAPI.
Zenzen Zainudhin. 2017. Cara Membuat Cocopeat Dari Sabut Kelapa. https://www.agrotani.com/cara-membuat-cocopeat-dari-sabut-kelapa-yang-baik-dan-benar/
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.