Plastic, Rubber, And Styrofoam Waste Management As Alternative For Green Energy
Keywords:Pyrolysis, Styrofoam, Tire, Oil, Zeolite
AbstractPlastics, rubber tires, and styrofoams are commonly used as disposable materials in our society, which contribute to the constant buildup of waste accumulation. A method called waste pyrolysis is able to transform the aforementioned waste into fuels. This method was performed at a temperature of 350 - 500°C with variations of styrofoam decoy mass is 50 gram, 100 gram, 150 gram, 200 gram, and 250 gram and for tire, decoy mass is 500 gram, 750 gram, 1000 gram, 1250 gram, and 1500 gram. A decoy mass variation that produces the highest yield production is subjected to catalyst addition. Active zeolite catalyst with 2%, 4%, 6%, 8%, and 10% content level was added to each material in order to obtain the volume of pyrolysis result. In this research, we got the optimum decoy mass of 200 grams with 84% yield for styrofoam and 750 gram with 32,67% yield for the tire. The optimum catalyst percentage for pyrolysis oil volume derived from styrofoam is 6% with 90% yield and the optimum percentage for the volume of tire-derived pyrolysis oil is 10% with 45,33% of yield. Based on the density and viscosity of conventional fuels, biodiesel has the most similar characteristic to our result. And based on the flashpoint, fire point, and calorific value of conventional fuels, the one with the closest characteristic is kerosene. The utilization of styrofoams and used tires waste for pyrolysis will reduce contamination caused by waste materials that are difficult to degrade in the environment. This research also proved that the fuel oil produced from pyrolysis can be an alternative energy source to fossil-fuel derived energy, notably for biodiesel and kerosene.
Ayanoglu, R Yumrutas, 2016. Production of gasoline and diesel-like fuels from waste tire oil by using catalytic pyrolysis, Energy 103: 456-468
Ali, Farida dkk. 2009. Penggunaan Ekstrak Buah Rambutan sebagai Penggumpal Lateks Pasca Panen. Jurnal Teknik Kimia, No. 2, Vol. 16.
Angga. 2013. Pembuatan Stirena dari Limbah Plastik dengan Metode Pirolisis, Skripsi, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Surabaya.
Falaah. 2012. Utilization of Used Tyre Waste Through Pyrolysis Technology. Pusat Penelitian Karet. 31(2), 103- 107.
Miller S. J, Shah N, and Huffman G.P. 2005. Conversion of Waste Plastic to Lubricant Base Oil. American Chemical Society. 19 (4), 1580-1586.
Napitulupulu, Farel. 2006. Pengaruh Nilai Kalor (Heating Value) Suatu Bahan Bakar terhadap Perencanaan Volume Ruang Bakar Ketel Uap Berdasarkan Metode Penentuan Nilai Kalor Bahan Bakar yang Dipergunakan. Jurnal Sistem Teknik Industri. Vol. 7 (1).
Nurhayati. 2016. Perancangan Pabrik Polistirena dengan Proses Polimerisasi Larutan Kapasitas 75000 Ton/Tahun. Skripsi. Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta
Salamah, S, Maryudi. 2018. Proses Pirolisis Limbah Styrofoam Menggunakan Katalis Silika-Alumina. Jurnal Rekayasa Kimia dan Lingkungan. 13 (1), 2356-1661.
Scheirs, J, W. Kaminsky. 2006. Feedstock Recycling and Pyrolysis of Waste Plastics: Converting Waste Plastics into Diesel and Other Fuels. Pyrolysis of polymers. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. Australia.
Triwijoso, Sri Utami. 1995. Pengetahuan Umum Tentang Karet Hevea. Bogor : Balai Penelitian Teknologi Karet Bogor.
Zabaniotou, A. A and G. Stravropoulus, 2003. Pyrolisis of Used Automobile Tires and Residual Char Utilization. Journal of analytical and applied pyrolysis, 70: 711-722.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.