Sclerotinia Maceral Analysis to Predict Facies Condition on Coal of Muara Enim Formation, Marapi Area, Lahat, South Sumatera
Keywords:GI, TPI, single sclerotinia, multiple sclerotinia
AbstractSclerotinia as maceral from Group Inertinite is a mycelia mushroom, containing black melanin in the form of black cells. The fungus is rich in melanin to form sclerotinia cells. Sclerotinia is oval or circular consisting of single cells (single sclerotinia) and multiple cells (multiple sclerotinia), which has high reflectivity (Stach et al., 1982). The purpose of this study was to determine the condition of the peat swamp facies or changes in the swamp water level in Seam-B coal in the Marapi area, Lahat, South Sumatra. Changes in the water level of peat swamps in tropical climates affect the growth system of sclerotinia fungi on the peat surface. This condition can be seen from the Gelification Index (GI) values between 0.01 - 0.15 and various Tissue Preservation Index (TPI) between 8.68 - 36.50 (Diessel, 1986). The Seam-B coal facies in the Marapi area of South Sumatra consist of: limnic, limo-telematic, and marsh, these terms are used to determine the depositional environment based on the classification of the hydrological regime according to water level depth (Mitsch and Gosselink, 1986). Based on the results of the coal facies study (Diessel, 1986), there are variations of Seam-B coal facies which are deposited in limnic (wet / very humid) conditions where the sclerotinia fungus develops colony to form multiple sclerotinia in sample B (2), while sample B ( 1), B (3) and B (4) are deposited in conditions of marsh facies (moist soil) to limbo-telematic (relatively dry) so that some of the sclerotinia fungi develop separately to form a single sclerotinia (in relatively dry conditions) and some live independently colonize.
Diesel, C.F.K. 1986. On the correlation between coal facies and depositional environment. Proceedings of the 20th Symposium of Department of Geology, University of Newcastle, NSW, pp. 19-22. Available: https://id.123dok.com/document/yd9v9p6z-semnas-ftm-pdf.html. [Accessed September 2020].
Ginger, D., Fielding, K., 2005. The Petroleum System and Future Potential of the South Sumatera Basin. Proceedings Indonesian Petroleum Association, 3rd Annual Convention & Exhibition, p.67- 89. Available: http://ipapublication.org/publication/the-petroleum-systems-and-future-potential-of-the-south-sumatra-basin . [Accessed September 2020].
Mitsch, W.J., Gosselink, J.G., 1986 Wetlands Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, third edition 539 p. Available: https://archive.org/details/Wetlands_5th_Edition_by_William_J._Mitsch_James_G._Gosselink/mode/2up [Accessed September 2020].
Stach, E., Makowsky, M., Th., Teichmuller, M., Tailor, G.H., Chandra, D. & Techmuller, R., 1982. Stach’s Textbook of Coal Petrology 3th edition. Gebr. Borntraeger, Berlin-Stuttgart. p.38-47. Standard Association of Australia, 1986. Australian Standard for Maceral Analysis (AS-2586-1986).Available:https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/ec12/b275558b1a7162e96486e2990dd1341afaf0.pdf [Accessed September 2020].
Taylor, G.H., Teichmuller, M., Davis, A., Diessel, C.F.K., Littke, R. & Robert, P., 1998. Organic Petrology, Gebruder Borntraeger, Berlin, Stutgart. p.704. Available: https://www.schweizerbart.de/publications/detail/isbn/9783443010362/Organic_Petrology.[Accessed September 2020].
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.