Fanaticism Analysis of Social Media Using Machine Learning
Keywords:fanaticism, machine learning, feature extraction, social media
AbstractSentiment and emotion analysis on social media is an interesting study because it reveals the emotional state of the public in a domain. The challenges in sentiment analysis research in Indonesian are inefficient preprocessing, inaccurate feature extraction methods, and low classification accuracy by machine learning. One aspect of sentiment analysis is fanaticism. Fanaticism contains an emotional element in sentiment analysis. This article discusses how to detect opinions that contain political fanaticism, then categorize them into several polarities of political fanaticism. Feature extraction is done by processing sentiment, anger, happiness, disgust, surprise, fear, and hate speech analysis. Knowledge for classification is K-NN, Naive Bayes, Random Forest, and Decision Tree. The aim is to find out the best combination of machine learning methods for feature extraction and finally used for fanaticism categorization. The best method is Random Forest with an accuracy of 81% and will be used as a final method for monitoring fanaticism on social media.
A. S. Aribowo, H. Basiron, N. S. Herman, and S. Khomsah, “Fanaticism category generation using tree-based machine learning method,” Journal of Physics: Conference Series, vol. 1501, no. 1, 2020, DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/1501/1/012021.
K. Marimaa, “The Many Faces of Fanaticism,” in ENDC Proceedings, 2011, vol. 14, pp. 29–55.
S. I. Dewi and A. Aminulloh, “Social Media : Democracy in the Shadow of Fanaticism,” in The 3rd Conference on Communication, Culture and Media Studies, 2016, pp. 79–88.
J. Laksana and A. Purwarianti, “Indonesian Twitter Text Authority Classification For Government in Bandung,” International Conference of Advanced Informatics: Concept, Theory, and Application (ICAICTA) Indonesian, pp. 129–134, 2014.
Y. E. Cakra and B. D. Trisedya, “Stock Price Prediction using Linear Regression based on Sentiment Analysis,” in ICAICS, 2015, pp. 147–154.
E. Barfian, B. H. Iswanto, and S. M. Isa, “Twitter Pornography Multilingual Content Identification Based on Machine Learning,” in International Conference on Computer Science and Computational Intelligence, 2017, vol. 116, pp. 129–136, DOI: 10.1016/j.procs.2017.10.024.
M. A. Fauzi, "Random Forest Approach for Sentiment Analysis in Indonesian Language," Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 46–50, 2018, DOI: 10.11591/ijeecs.v12.i1.pp46-50.
F. Kusuma Wardani, R. Valentinus Hananto, and V. Nurcahyawati, “Analisis Sentimen Untuk Pemeringkatan Popularitas Situs Belanja Online Di Indonesia Menggunakan Metode Naive Bayes,” JSIKA, vol. 08, no. 01, pp. 1–9, 2019.
Y. Yunitasari, A. Musdholifah, and A. K. Sari, “Sarcasm Detection For Sentiment Analysis in Indonesian Tweets,” Indonesian Journal of Computing and Cybernetics Systems, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 53–62, 2019.
S. Khomsah and A. S. Aribowo, “Model text-preprocessing komentar Youtube dalam bahasa Indonesia,” Rekayasa Sistem dan Teknologi Informasi, RESTI, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 648–654, 2020.
A. Almonayyes, “Multiple Explanations Driven Naive Bayes Classifier.,” Journal of Universal Computer Science, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 127–139, 2006.
J. Kléma and A. Almonayyes, "Automatic Categorization of Fanatic Text Using Random Forests," Kuwait Journal of Science and Engineering, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 1–18, 2006.
A. Almonayyes, “Classifying Documents By Integrating Contextual Knowledge With Boosting,” in International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science, 2016, no. November, pp. 28–29.
[A. Almonayyes, “Tweets Classification Using Contextual Knowledge And Boosting,” International Journal of Advances in Electronics and Computer Science, no. 4, pp. 87–92, 2017.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.