Analysis Of Vulnerability Of Groundwater In Mining Area
Keywords:Vulnerability, Groundwater, Mining, Sintacs
AbstractMining activities have a considerable influence on groundwater availability. One of the efforts to manage the quantity and quality of groundwater is by analyzing the vulnerability of groundwater. Various methods have been applied to analyze groundwater vulnerability, one of which is the SINTACS method. This method consists of seven parameters groundwater level depth, aquifer type, infiltration rate, unsaturated zone material, soil type, hydraulic conductivity, and topography. These parameters are classified based on the rating and weight of the level of groundwater vulnerability. The results of the classification will be processed using ArcGIS software to determine areas that are potentially vulnerable to groundwater vulnerability. The results of the level of groundwater vulnerability in the study area showed 9% low vulnerability, 63% moderate vulnerability, 23% high vulnerability, 5% high vulnerability
Aller, L., Bennet, T., Lehr, J. H., Petty, R. J. & Hackett, G. (1987) SINTACS: A Standardized System for Evaluating Groundwater Pollution Potential Using Hydrogeologic Settings, EPA/600/2-87/035. US Environmental Protection Agency. The USA.
Attoui, B., Khaerci, N. & Bousnoubra, H. (2012) State of Vulnerability to Pollution of the big reservoir of Groundwater in the Region of Annaba-Bouteldja (Ne Algeria). Geographia Technical, 09 (2), 1-13.
Bouhata, R. & Kalla, M. (2014) Mapping of Environmental Vulnerability of Desertification adaptation of the Medolus Method in The Endoric Area of Gadaine. Geographia Technica, 09 (2), 1-8.
Foster, SSD. (1987) Fundamental concepts in aquifer vulnerability, pollution risk, and protection strategy. In: Van Duijvenbooden W, Van Waegeningh HG (eds) TNO committee on hydrological research. The vulnerability of soil and groundwater to pollutants The Netherlands, The Hague, pp 69–86.
Foster, S. & Hirata, R. (2000) Groundwater Pollution Risk Assessment; A Methodology Using Available Data, PAN American Center For Sanitary Engineering and Environmental Sciences (CEPIS), Lima, Peru.
Haq, S. R., Dwinagara, B., Triana, K. & Cahyadi, T. A. (2013) Analisis Tingkat Kerentanan Air Tanah Pada Rencana Pertambangan Batubara di Barito Timur, Kalimantan Tengah. Prosiding TPT XXII PERHAPI. (in Indonesia language).
Linggasari S., Cahyadi, T.A., & Ernawati, R. (2019) Overview Metode Perhitungan Kerentanan Air Tanah Terhadap Rencana Penambangan. Proceeding RETII-14. (in Indonesia language)
Linggasari S., Cahyadi, T.A., & Ernawati, R. (2020) Analysis Groundwater Vulnerability in coal Mining. Geographia Technica.
Maria, R. (2017) Comparative studies of groundwater vulnerability assessment. Global Colloquium on GeoSciences and Engineering. Bandung.
Piscopo, G. (2001) Groundwater Vulnerability Map Explanatory Notes. NSW Department of Land and Water Conservation.
Vias, J.M., Andreo, B., Peries, M. J. & Carrasco, F. (2005) A Comparative Study of Four Schemes For Groundwater Vulnerability Mapping in A Diffuse Flow Carbonate Aquifer Under Mediterranean Climatic Conditions. Environ Geology, 47: 586-595.
Vrba, J. & Zoporozec, A. (1994) Guidebook on Mapping Groundwater Vulnerability. Hannover: International Association of Hydrogeologists. (International Contributions to Hydrogeology 16). Verlag Heinz Heise, Hannover.
Widyastuti, M. (2003) Kerentanan Air Tanah Terhadap Pencemaran. Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta. (in Indonesia language)
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.