Determination Of Geotourism Area Using Geographic Information System
Keywords:post-mining, geotourism, grand design, geology, community empowerment
AbstractThe post-mining area in this study has the natural potential to become a tourism area in the form of pumice breccia outcrops. The problem is determining the zoning of tourism models. The purpose of this research is to identify the potential of the tourism area in the post-mining area, determine the feasibility parameters of the tourism model, and analyze the physical feasibility of utilizing the geotourism area. The research methodology includes a preliminary survey, mapping with drones, determining tourism feasibility parameters based on weight using the intersection method, social mapping, and determining the designation of the tourism model. The results of the study indicate that the potential of tourism includes natural phenomena in the form of geological structures, stratigraphy, topography, and rock types. This phenomenon has aspects of beauty, authenticity, scientific value, and uniqueness of nature (geology). Utilization of the tourism model requires a grand design for viewing posts, camping areas, open-air museums, gazebos, jogging tracks, hiking tracks, bicycle tracks.
Bargawa, W. S. 2014. “Kajian lingkungan hidup strategis sektor pertambangan”. Prosiding Seminar Nasional Kebumian 9: 1-13. eprints.upnyk.ac.id. (in Indonesia).
Bargawa, W. S. and Wibowo, A. 2012. “Kontribusi pendapatan regional hijau dari industri pertambangan mineral terhadap pendapatan regional”. JIK TekMin 23: 358-367. eprints.upnyk.ac.id. (in Indonesia).
Bargawa, W. S. 2010 – “Model reklamasi pada lahan bekas penambangan bijih timah”. JIK TekMin 24: 49-60. eprints.upnyk.ac.id. (in Indonesia).
Buckley, R. 1994. “A Framework for ecotourism”. Annals of Tourism Research 21: 661-669.
Chylińska, D., and Kołodziejczyk, K. 2018. “Geotourism in an urban space?” Open Geosciences 10: 297–310
Cope, M. A. 2016. "Derbyshire geodiversity, historical geotourism and the 'commercialization' of tourists: setting the context of the Castleton Blue John Stone industry." Proceedings of the Geologists' Association 127: 738-746.
Geert, F. V. 2019. “The uses and challenges of the geopark label as a place branding tool. The case of the Geopark of the Tremp Basin-Montsec (Catalonia-Spain). International Journal of Geoheritage and Parks 7: 72-84
Kulikova, L. 2013. "Geomorphosite Assessment for Geotourism Purposes". Czech Journal of Tourism 2: 80-103.
Lascuráin, C. H. 1996. “Tourism, ecotourism, and protected areas: the state of nature-based tourism around the world and guidelines for its development”. IUCN Publications Cambridge 4: 10-21.
Niemiec, D., Duraj, M., Marschalko, M., and Işik Yilmaz, I. 2016. “Conservation of Selected Churches in the Most Region and Karviná Region and their Significance for Geotourism”. Procedia Engineering 161: 2276-2281.
Ríos, C. A., Amoroso, R., Villarreal, C. A. Mantilla, W., and Briggs, A. 2020. "Chicamocha Canyon Geopark project: A novel strategy for the socio-economic development of Santander (Colombia) through geo education, tourism, and conservation." International Journal of Geoheritage and Parks 8: 96–122.
Ross and Wall, G. 1999. “Ecotourism: Towards congruence between theory and practice”. Tourism Management 20: 123-132.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.