Production Of Biodiesel Out Of Crude Palm Oil By Using NaOH Catalyst
Keywords:biodiesel, crude palm oil, NaOH
AbstractThe increasing consumption of diesel oil results in depletion of petroleum supply so that biodiesel is made out of crude palm oil. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of the production of biodiesel by using NaOH catalysts. First, crude palm oil is analyzed for its free fatty acid content. If the free fatty acid is less than 5%, the transesterification process can be carried out immediately, if it's more than 5%, the esterification process is carried out first. The esterification process lasts for 60 minutes temperature of 60°C with an acid catalyst H2SO4 then separated and washed. After the washing process, the transesterification process is continued with NaOH catalyst for 30 minutes at 60°C and then the washing process proceeds in order to purify the results. From the research that has been done, the result of biodiesel has a yield of 87.2866%, kinematic viscosity 4.655 mm2/s, flash point 110oC, pour point 12oC, and density at 15oC of 0.875 g/ml.
Atmojo, P. T. (2010). Biodiesel – Bahan Bakar Alternatif Solar. < https://theatmojo.com/energi/biodiesel-bahan-bakar-alternatif-solar/>. accessed 2 November 2019.
Demirbas, A. (2009). Biodiesel from Waste Cooking Oil Via Base-Catalytic and Supercritical Methanol Transesterification. Energy Conversion and Management. 50(4), 923–927.
Devi, T.R.P.S., Nurhayati. & Linggawati, A. (2015). Produksi Biodiesel dari CPO dengan Proses Esterifikasi dengan Katalis H2S04 dan Transesterifikasi dengan Katalis CaO dari Cangkang Kerang Darah. JOM FMIPA, 2(1), 210.
Hamid, Tilani. & Yusuf, Rachman. (2002). Preparasi Karakteristik Biodiesel dari Minyak Kelapa Sawit. MAKARA, TEKNOLOGI. 6(2), 60-65.
Hastuti, Z.D., Prasetyo, D.H. & Rosyadi, E. (2015). Pemanfaatan CPO Asam Lemak Bebas Tinggi Sebagai Bahan Bakar. Jurnal Energi dan Lingkungan, 11(1), 61-66.
Havendri, A. (2007). Kaji Eksperimental Emisi Gas Buang Motor Bakar Diesel Menggunakan Variasi Campuran Bahan Bakar Diesel CPO Sawit dan Solar. Jurnal TeknikA, 1(28), 1-6.
Kementerian ESDM Republik Indonesia. (2018). Pedoman Umum Penanganan dan Penyimpanan B20. Jakarta: Direktorat Jendral Energi Baru, Terbarukan, dan Konversi Energi.
Laila, L. & Oktavia, L. (2017). Kaji Eksperimen Angka Asam dan Viskositas Biodiesel Berbahan Baku Minyak Kelapa Sawit Dari PT Smart TBK. Jurnal Teknologi Proses dan Inovasi Industri, 2(1). doi: 10.36048/jtpii.v2i1.2245.
Leung, D. Y. C. & Guo, Y. (2006). Transesterification of neat and used frying oil: Optimization for biodiesel production. Fuel Processing Technology, 87(10), (pp. 883–890). DOI: 10.1016/j.fuproc.2006.06.003.
Malasari, Y. (2016). Pengaruh Rasio Reaktan dan Waktu Sulfonasi Terhadap Karakteristik Metil Ester Sulfonat Berbasis Minyak Kelapa Sawit. Laporan Akhir. Politeknik Negeri Sriwijaya.
Ramos, M.J., Fernández, C.M., Casas, A., Rodríguez, L., & Pérez., Á. (2009). Influence of Fatty Acid Composition of Raw Materials on Biodiesel Properties. Bioresource Technology. 100(1), 261-268.
Ristianingsih, Y., Hidayah, N. & Sari, F.W. (2015). Pembuatan Biodiesel dari Crude Palm Oil (CPO) Sebagai Bahan Bakar Alternatif Melalui Proses Transesterifikasi Langsung. Jurnal Teknologi Agro-Industri. 2(1), 38-46. doi:10.34128/jtai.v2i1.23.
Wahyuni, S., Kadarwati, S. & Latifah, L. (2011). Sintesis Biodiesel dari Minyak Jelantah Sebagai Sumber Energi Alternatif Solar. Sainteknol : Jurnal Sains dan Teknologi, 9(1). doi: 10.15294/sainteknol.v9i1.5525.
Zheng, S., Kates, M., Dubé, M.A. & McLean, D.D. (2006). Acid-catalyzed Production of Biodiesel from Waste Frying Oil. Biomass and Bioenergy. 30(3), 267–272.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.