The Effect of Pyrolysis Temperature on Charcoal Briquettes from Biomass Waste
Keywords:adhesive, agriculture waste, briquette, charcoal, calorific value
AbstractIncreasing people's energy needs requires alternatives, one of which is using agricultural waste materials. Charcoal briquette is a solid fuel made from charcoal with a pressing process so that it coagulates with a certain density, can be burned continuously, and has a high-calorie value. Conversion of various kinds of agricultural waste to charcoal briquettes needs to be done in order to meet the SNI requirements. In this research, briquettes will be made from raw materials of peanut shells, rubber seed shells, and snorkeling wood because they have high cellulose content. The aim of this research is to produce charcoal briquettes and test their characteristics. The study was designed with 2 variables, namely the type of raw material (peanut shells, rubber seed shells, and snorkeling wood) and pyrolysis temperature: 300, 400, 500, and 600oC. The size of the charcoal powder is -35 +50 mesh, 8% starch adhesive, and 100 kg / cm2 of pressing pressure. The parameters measured were moisture content (%), ash content (%), volatile matter content (%), and fixed carbon content dan calorific value (cal/g). The results showed that the best characteristic of charcoal briquettes was obtained from rubber seed shells, the temperature of pyrolysis of 600oC, with the moisture content of 7.4%, ash content of 3.55%, volatile matter content of 13.44%, fixed carbon content of 75.92% and calorific value of 7105 cal/g.
Badan Pusat Statistik, 2016, https://www.bps.go.id/linkTableDinamis/view/id/839
Fessenden, J. Ralp, dan Fessenden, J., 1994, Kimia Organik, Edisi ketiga, Erlangga, Jakarta
Sari, I.P. dan Rita S., 2012, ”Pemanfaatan Limbah Daun Kering Menjadin Briket”, Prosiding Seminar Nasional Teknik Kimia “Kejuangan”. H09-1 s/d H09-6 Yogyakarta
Sheth, P.N. and Babu, B.V., 2006, Kinetic Modelling of the Pyrolysis of Biomass, Proceedings of National Conference on Environmental Conservation”, 453-458
Suttibak, S., W. Loengbudnark, 2018, Production of Charcoal briquettes from biomass for community use, 8th-TMSE-International Conference of Mechanical Engineering, IOP Conf Series: Material Sciences and Engineering, 297
Syarif Hidayatullah, Rochim Bakti Cahyono dan Muslikhin Hidayat, 2019, Pemanfaatan Limbah Kulit Cacao menjadi Briket Arang sebagai Bahan bakar Alternatif dengan Penambahan Ampas Buah Merah, Jurnal Rekayasa Proses, Vol 13., No. 1, hal 57-64
Titin, SW, 2013. ”Karakteristik Briket”. Diakses 22 november 2016 dari http://titinkita.blogspot.co.id/2013/03/karakteristik-briket_9029.html
Wei, J., Gefu Liang, James Alex, Thongcao Zhang dan Chunbo Ma, 2020, Research Progress of Energy Utilization of Agriculture Waste in China: Blibiometric Analysis by Citespace, Sustainability, 12, 812, DOI:10.3390/su12030812
Zapalowska, A, Bashutska, U, 2019, The use of agriculture waste for renewable energy production, Proceeding of The Forestry Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Zubairu, A., Sadiq Abba Gana, 2015, Production and Characterization of Briquette Charcoal by carbonization of Agro-Waste
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.