Improving The Quality Of Ceramic Products Through The Application Of The Taguchi Multi Response Method To Increase The Competitiveness Of Ceramic Ukm In The Global Era (Case Study At The Kasongan Ceramics Ukm Center, Bantul, Diy)
Keywords:Taguchi multi-response method, flexural strength, dry shrinkage
AbstractKasongan Ceramic UKM Center is an association of UKM which makes goods made from clay. Kasongan Ceramic UKM Center, located in Bantul Regency, DIY. The problem that is often experienced by Kasongan Ceramics Center is that products that are often cracked, warped, and easily brittle. The total production of Kasongan UKM Center from September 2019 to February 2020 was 32,256 units, with the number of defective products amounting to 3,873 or 12% of the total production. Based on the studies that have been carried out, it can be concluded that the crack, warping, and brittle defects that occur are caused by the lack of maximum flexural strength and the high percentage of dry shrinkage in the ceramic products produced. To maximize the flexural strength and minimize the percentage of dry shrinkage in the resulting ceramic products, the optimal ceramic manufacturing process parameters will be determined using the Taguchi multi-response method. To maximize the flexural strength and minimize the percentage of dry shrinkage in the process of making ceramics using the Taguchi multi-response method, it is necessary to carry out an experimental design. The first thing to do is to determine the controlled factors and levels in the ceramic manufacturing process that affect the flexural strength and dry shrinkage of ceramics. After that determine a suitable orthogonal array and perform experiments based on the specified orthogonal array. The experimental results will be tested for flexural strength and dry shrinkage percentage in the laboratory. The resulting flexural strength and dry shrinkage percentage data will be processed to determine the optimal ceramic manufacturing process parameters that maximize the flexural strength and minimize the percentage of ceramic dry shrinkage. Based on the data processing carried out, it is found that the optimal ceramic-making process parameters at the Kasongan Ceramics UKM Center that maximize the flexural strength and minimize the percentage of dry ceramic shrinkage are 2 parts Godean soil composition, 1 part kasongan soil composition, 1 part sand composition, and combustion using a tub open.
Anggarini, U., Kosada, C., Sukmana N, C., 2017, Penerapan Metode Taguchi pada Perancangan Eksperimen Beton Geopolimer Berbasis Abu Layang, Jurnal Chemica, Volume 4, Nomor 1, Halaman 9-14
Bayuseno, A.P. dan Chamdani, N.A., 2011, ADC 12 Sebagai Material Sepatu Rem Menggunakan Pengecoran High Pressure Die Castingdengan Variasi Temperatur Penuangan, ROTASI , Volume 13, Nomor 1, Halaman 17-23.
Belavendram,N.,1995, QualityByDesign, PrenticeHall,NewYork.
Febriansyah, P. , Tarkono, Zulhanif, 2013, Pengaruh Penambahan Limbah Padat Abu Terbang Batu Bara Fly Ash Terhadap Kekuatan Tekan dan Porositas Genteng Tanah Liat Kabupaten Pringsewu, Fakultas Teknik Universitas Lampung.
Hwang,C.L., Hwang, F.P., Chen, S.J., 1992, Fuzzy Multiple Attribute Decision Making: Methods and Applications, Springer-Verlag, New York
Hwang, C.L., Yoon, K., 1981, Pengambilan Keputusan Atribut Berganda dan Aplikasi: Survei Tingkat Tinggi, Springer-Verlag, New York
Montgomery, D.C., 2009, Pengantar Pengendalian Kualitas Statistik, Gadjah Mada University Press, Yogyakarta
Muharom, Siswadi, 2015, Desain Ekperimen Taguchi Untuk Meningkatkan Kualitas Batu Bata Berbahan Baku Tanah Liat, Jemis, Volume 3, Halaman 43-46
Putri, K.R. dan Bayuseno, A.P., 2013, Pengaruh Variasi Temperatur Penuangan Al-Si / Al2O3 Terhadap Sifat Mekanik dan Struktur Mikro Material Sepatu Rem Menggunakan Pengecoran HPDC, Jurnal Teknik Mesin (S-1), Volume 1, Nomor 4, Halaman 68-71.
Ross, P.J., 1989, Taguchi Techniques for Quality Engineering, McGraw-Hill InternationalEditions, Singapore.
Soejanto, I., 2009, Desain Eksperimen Dengan Metode Taguchi, Graha Ilmu, Yogyakarta.
Suhartoyo, 2015, Optimasi Parameter Pembuatan Genteng Keramik Press di UKM Mantili Sukoharjo Terhadap Respon Kuat Lentur dan Daya Serap Air dengan Metode Taguchi, Jurnal Teknik Mesin, Akademi Teknik Warga Surakarta, Volume 13
Tong, L., Chao, T.S., 1997, Optimizing Multirespon Problems In The Taguchi Methods by Fuzzy Multiple Attribute Decision Making, Quality and Realibility Engineering International, Vol 13, 25-34
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.