Identification of Student Area of Interest using Fuzzy Multi-Attribute Decision Making (FMADM) and Simple Additive Weighting (SAW) Methods (Case Study: Information System Major, Universitas Pembangunan Nasional "Veteran" Yogyakarta)
Keywords:Decision Support System, Fuzzy Multi-Attribute Decision Making (FMADM), Simple Additive Weighting (SAW)
AbstractIdentifying the area of interest is a must for every student in each study program before choosing the elective courses. Ideally, a student chooses their area of interest by considering the scores of all courses that they have been completed. Nevertheless, they do not thoughtfully choose their interest since they may follow what their friends' are. Decide to choose the wrong area of interest may result in difficulty while completing their education. This research aims to help students' academic supervisors guide their students by implementing a decision support system to help students and academic supervisors determine their area of interest. Decision support systems in this research are built through two stages: observation, decision-support modeling. Observations were made to determine the criteria and attributes used. The decision support model was made using the Fuzzy Multi-Attribute Decision Making (FMADM) method, followed by ranking the result to obtain the best possible recommendation using the Simple Additive Weighting (SAW) method. With FMADM and SAW, the decision support system has been successfully carried out and resulted in the recommendations ranking to support the assortment of area of interest for Information System students in UPN "Veteran" Yogyakarta.
Adhi, Y. K., Suryani, A. A., & Setiawan, E. B. (2012). SISTEM PENDUKUNG PENGAMBILAN KEPUTUSAN PENJURUSAN SISWA SMA DENGAN METODE SIMPLE MULTI ATTRIBUTE RATING TECHNIQUE ( SMART ) DAN ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORK ( ANN ). Univeristas Telkom.
Alifa, F., & Utami, A. W. (2017). Rancang Bangun Sistem Pendukung Keputusan Peminatan Mata Kuliah Menggunakan Metode Weighted Product. Jurnal Manajemen Informatika, Volume 08(01), 20–28.
Fartindyyah, N., & Subiyanto. (2013). Sistem Pendukung Keputusan Peminatan SMA menggunakan Metode Weighted Product (WP). Jurnal Pendidikan, 44(november 2014), 139–145.
MZ, Y. (2016). Sistem Pendukung Keputusan Konsentrasi dan Peminatan Prodi Teknik Informatika Universitas Janabadra Yogyakarta. Creative Information Technology Journal, 3(4), 307. https://doi.org/10.24076/citec.2016v3i4.86
Oktotino, M. D. A. (2019). Sistem Pendukung Keputusan Pemilihan Jalur Peminatan Program Studi Teknik Informatika Universitas Dian Nuswantoro Semarang Menggunakan Fmadm. 0, 1–6.
Prabowo, G. A., & Noranita, B. (2013). Sistem Pendukung Keputusan Penentuan Peminatan Peserta Didik Menggunakan Metode Weighted Product Berbasis Web. Jurnal Masyarakat Informatika, 6(11), 27–36.
Prasetyo, A., Kusrini, & Arief, M. R. (2019). Penerapan Algoritma K Nearest Neighbor Untuk Rekomendasi Minat Konsentrasi Di Program Studi Teknik Informatika Universitas PGRI Yogyakarta. Jurnal Informasi Interaktif, 4(1), 1–6.
Surya, C. (2015). Sistem Pendukung Keputusan Rekomendasi Penerima Beasiswa Menggunakan Fuzzy Multi Attribut Decision Making (FMADM) dan Simple Additive Weighting (SAW). Jurnal Rekayasa Elektrika, 11(4), 149. https://doi.org/10.17529/jre.v11i4.2364
Tinaliah, T., & Elizabeth, T. (2019). Sistem Pendukung Keputusan Pemilihan Peminatan Program Studi Teknik Informatika Menggunakan Metode SAW. JATISI (Jurnal Teknik Informatika Dan Sistem Informasi), 5(2), 207–215. https://doi.org/10.35957/jatisi.v5i2.137
Yusro, M. M., & Wardoyo, R. (2013). Aplikasi Metode Fuzzy Multi-Attribute Decision Making Berbasis Web dalam Pemilihan Calon Kepala Daerah di Indonesia. IJCCS (Indonesian Journal of Computing and Cybernetics Systems), 7(1), 101–110. https://doi.org/10.22146/ijccs.3056
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.