Spatial filtering of Time Domain Induced Polarization (TDIP): Enhancement of spatial estimates of Mineralization at Gunung Parang Karangsambung Kebumen, Central Java
Keywords:Spatial analysis, Induced Polarization, Enhancement
AbstractGeophysical data acquisition is principally a function of spatial frequency. In some cases, geophysical acquisitions require enough space to obtain detailed information. However, in certain conditions, such as limited measurement instruments and conditions in the research area, this cannot be done. Several ways can be applied, such as improvisation during data acquisition or when processing data. In this study, a spatial frequency data processing approach has been carried out, which aims to enhance and obtain target anomalies more clearly using spatial filter analysis. The target of this research is the mineralization zone in Mount Parang Karangsambung, Kebumen Regency, Central Java, using the Time Domain Induced Polarization method with four lines using a Dipole-dipole configuration with a measuring spacing of 10 meters. The output of this research is to compare the real data processing of 10 meters spatial field with spatial filter processing to be 5 meters. The processing results show an increase in the sharpness of the resistivity and chargeability images on the 5-meter spatial data. There was an increase in the target image, namely mineralization, as indicated by the response of contrast resistivity and chargeability. The use of spatial filters can increase the resolution of the resistivity and chargeability sections so that the lithology and mineralization zone can be well defined.
Alhassan, UD., Obiora, DN., Okeke, FN. (2015) The assessment of aquifer potentials and aquifer vulnerability of southern Paiko, Northcentral Nigeria, using the geoelectric method. Glob. J. Pure Appl. Sci. 21:51-70.
Asikin, S. (1974). Evolusi geologi Jawa Tengah dan sekitarnya ditinjau dari segi tektonik dunia yang baru. Laporan disertasi, Dept. Teknik Geologi ITB, 103.
Chambers, J.E., Gunn, D.A., Wilkinson, P.B., Meldrum, P.I., Haslam, E., Holyoake, S.,
Kirkham, M., Kuras, O., Merritt, A., Wragg, J., 2014a. 4D electrical resistivity tomography monitoring of soil moisture dynamics in an operational railway embankment. Near Surf. Geophys. 12, 61–72
Dahlin, T., and Zhou, B., 2004. A numerical comparison of 2D resistivity imaging with 10
electrode arrays. Geophys. Prospect. 52, 379–398.
Day-Lewis, F.D., 2005. Applying petrophysical models to radar travel time and electrical
resistivity tomograms: resolution-dependent limitations. J. Geophys. Res. 110,
Johansson, S., Jones, S. and Flyhammar, F. (2007) Comparisons of 2D- and 3D-Inverted Resistivity Data As Well As of Resistivityand IP-Surveys on a Landfill, Near-surface, 13th European Meeting of Environmental and Engineering Geophysics, Istanbul, Turkey, 3–5 September 2007, p. 42.
Kemna, A., Vanderborght, J., Kulessa, B., Vereecken, H. (2002). Imaging and characterization of subsurface solute transport using electrical resistivity tomography (ERT)
and equivalent transport models. J. Hydrol. 267, 125–146
Keputusan Menteri Energi dan Sumberdaya Mineral RI No. 2817K/40/MEM/2006
Loke, M.H., 2004. 2D and 3D Electrical Imaging Surveys. England: Birmingham University.
Lowrie, W. (2007). Fundamental of Geophysic. California: Cambridge University
Purwanto, HS., Hidayat, W., Setiahadiwibowo, AP. (2020) Identification of Metal Sulfide Mineralization Zone using Time Domain Induced Polarization Method in Pakenjeng Region, Garut, West Java, Indonesia. International Research Journal of Advanced Engineering and Science Vol 3, Issue 3.
Prasetyadi, C., E.R., Suparka, A.H., Harsolumakso, dan B., Sapiie. (2006a): An overview of Paleogene stratigraphy of the Karangsambung area, Central Java: Discovery of a new type of Eocene rock, Proceedings Jakarta 2006 International Geoscience Conference and Exhibition, Jakarta.
Reynolds, J. M. (1997). An Introduction to Applied and Environmental Geophysics. Chichester: John Wiley and Sons Ltd. 796p.
Richards, L.A., Magnone, D., Sovann, C., Kong, C., Uhlemann, S., Kuras, O., van Dongen,
B.E., Ballentine, C.J., Polya, D.A., 2017. High-resolution profile of inorganic aqueous
geochemistry and key redox zones in an arsenic bearing aquifer in Cambodia. Sci.
Total Environ. 590–591, 540–553
Sumner, J.L. (1976). Principle of Induced Polarization for Geophysical Interpretation, Elsevier, Amsterdam.
Telford, W.M., L.P. Geldart., R.E. Sheriff. (, 1990). Applied Geophysics Second edition. New York. Cambridge.
Uhlemann, S., Kuras, O, Richards, LA., Naden, E., Polya, D.A. (2017). Electrical resistivity tomography determines the spatial distribution of clay layer thickness and aquifer vulnerability, Kandal Province, Cambodia. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 147 (2017) 402–414
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.