Erosion and Flood Discharge Plans Analysis on The Capacity of The Dead River Lake
Keywords:Flood, Erosion, Dead River Lake
AbstractSometimes development is not in accordance with the carrying capacity of the land or area designation because it is not in accordance with the characteristics of an existing area. The dead river lake in Pondok and Parangjoro villages has various benefits for the surrounding community, resulting in land conversion that is not in accordance with its purpose and has a negative impact (erosion) on the surrounding environment. Therefore, it is necessary to know how much erosion has occurred in the area around the Dead River Lake, the magnitude of the planned flood discharge, and the potential for lake water overflow to the surrounding area. The study used several methods, including the use method to determine the amount of erosion, the planned flood discharge to determine the estimated maximum discharge in several return periods, and spatial to determine the capacity of the dead river lake. Based on the results per parameter, it was found that the total erosion in the study area was 30.358,432 tonnes/ha/year or 235,52 m3 / ha/day with an area of 63,971,488 m2. The existence of continuous erosion can cause the capacity of the dead river lake to be reduced, and indirectly it can cause flooding due to lake overflow on the 79 day for the 25 and 10 year return period and 80 days for the 5 and 2 year return period.
Aprizon P., Triyatno, Azhari S., Dedi H .. 2018. Penilaian Erosi Berdasarkan Metode USLE dan Arahan Konservasi Pada DAS Air Dingin Bagian Hulu Kota Padang-Sumatera Barat. Journal of Geography. 10 (1): 1-13.
Arsyad, S. 2000. Konservasi Tanah dan Air. UPT Produksi Media Informasi
Diah A., Wahyu WW. 2017. Comparison of sediment yield from prediction using Universal Soil Loss Equation with direct measurement. Journal of Watershed Management Research. 1 (1): 61-71.
Hardjowigeno, S. 2010. Soil Science. Akademika Pressindo. Jakarta. 288 p.
Kamiana, I Made. 2011. Teknik Perhitungan Debit Rencana Bangunan Air. Yogyakarta : Graha Ilmu.
Kodoatie, Robert J dan Sugiyanto. 2002. Banjir Beberapa Penyebab dan Metode Pengendaliannya dalam Perspektif Lingkungan. Yogyakarta : Pustaka Pelajar.
Pasaribu PHP, Rauf A., & Slamet B.. 2017. Kajian Tingkat Bahaya Erosi Untuk Arahan Konservasi Tanah Pada Berbagai Tipe Penggunaan Lahan Di Kecamatan Merdeka Kabupaten Karo. Serambi Engineering Journal. 3 (1): 279–284.
Prasetyo, BH, and D. Setyorini. 2008. Characteristics of lowland soils from alluvial deposits and their management. Journal of Land Resources 2 (1): 1-14.
Rohmat D.. 2009. Solusi Aspiratif Penanganan Masalah Sungai Mati (Kasus: Desa Andir Kecamatan Bale Endah Kabupaten Bandung). GEA Geography Journal. 09 (1).
Soepraptohardjo, M .. 1961. Types of Soil in Indonesia. Bogor, Soil Research Institute.
Wahyunto, Abidin M. Z., Priyono A., dan Sunaryo. 2001. Studi perubahan penggunaan lahan di Sub DAS Citarik, Jawa Barat dan DAS Kaligarang, JawaTengah. Prosiding Seminar Nasional Multifungsi Lahan Sawah: 39 - 63. Bogor, 1 Mei 2001: Departemen Pertanian, Badan Penelitian dan Pengembangan, Pertanian Pusat Penelitian dan Pengembangan Tanah dan Agroklimat. Bogor.
Wischmeier W.H., Smith D.D. (1978). Predicting rainfall erosion losses. A guide to conservation planning, United States Department of Agriculture, Washington, D.C.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.