Modeling of Crude Oil Types Classification Using the Naive Bayes Classifier Method
Keywords:Crude oil, EOR, Naïve Bayes, Prediction, Viscosity
AbstractThis research is part of previous research regarding the prediction of petroleum's physical properties to help the user get the prediction value of crude oil's physical properties from field test data, which was carried out from Enhanced Oil Recovery Research Laboratory, Petroleum Engineering UPN “Veteran” Yogyakarta. The field data that is measured in the laboratory that has been done is by adding biosurfactants and increasing the temperature. Various steps have been taken to reduce crude oil's viscosity value so that it can be diluted could flow. It is necessary to calculate the viscosity of crude oil in this process to determine the extent of the viscosity level as expected by adding biosurfactants or increasing the temperature that has been carried out in the EOR process. Naïve Bayes Classifier is used to classify oil data into three categories: light oil, medium oil, and heavy oil, based on the prediction of the viscosity value. The Naïve Bayes Classifier is a robust algorithm for performing machine learning-based predictive modeling that applies the Bayes theorem. This predictive modeling for the physical properties of crude oil was built using the Python programming language and the PyQt5 library to build desktop-based applications. The classification of oil has arrived at labeling the prediction results of crude oil's viscosity into three categories, namely light oil, medium oil, and heavy oil. The test results with testing data produce accurate data; the predicted value is within the specified range.
ASTM D445-11, Standard Test Method for Kinematic Viscosity of Transparent and Opaque Liquids (and Calculation of Dynamic Viscosity). Designation 71/1/97. ASTM International, 100 Barr Harbor Drive, PO Box C700, West Conshohocken, PA 19428-2959, United States. pp.2-3.
Ayu Irawati D. et al., 2018. "Development of Android-based Rabbit Disease Expert System." International Journal of Engineering and Technology. 7(4.44). DOI: 10.14419/ijet.v7i4.44.26868. pp. 82-87
Nugroho A., Subanar. 2013. “Klasifikasi Naïve Bayes untuk Prediksi Kelahiran pada Data Ibu Hamil”. Jurnal Berkala MIPA Vol 23, No.3(2013) ISSN:0215-9309. Fakultas MIPA UGM. Pp 297-308.
Pressman, S. Roger. Software Engineering: A Practitioner's Approach, Eight Edition. 2015. McGraw Hill. The USA. p. 42
Saleh, A. 2015. Implementasi Metode Klasifikasi Naïve Bayes Dalam Memprediksi Besarnya Penggunaan Listrik Rumah Tangga. Citec Journal, Vol. 2, No. 3, ISSN: 2354-5771. pp 207-217.
Sarkar S dan Sriram Ram S. 2001. Bayesian Models for Early Warning Bank Failures. Management Science Journal. 47(11). pp 1457–1475.
Sulistyarso HB., Pamungkas, Joko, Gusmawarni, Sri Rahayu, Widyaningsih, Indah, Kurnia, Rafli Arie. 2020. “Application of Bio-surfactants as an Effort to Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) in Kawengan Oil Field," AIP Conference Proceedings 2245, 090018. pp. 1-5.
Vural MS dan Gök M. 2017. Criminal prediction using Naïve Bayes Theory. ACM Journal Neural Computing and Applications. 28(9) pp 2581–2592. DOI 10.1007/s00521-016-2205-z.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.