Geostatistical Modeling of Ore Grade In A Laterite Nickel Deposit
Keywords:reserve modeling, nickel laterite, geostatistics, kriging
AbstractReserve modeling is one of the essential aspects of exploration activity. Reserve modeling of ore commodities has classic challenges such as grade distribution and quantity of the ore reserve. This study introduced a novel reserve modeling protocol incorporated kriging methods for nickel laterite deposits. The study parameters consist of geological modeling and statistical analytic using the ordinary kriging method and nearest neighbor polygon. This study shows that the ordinary kriging method has a conservative estimation compared to the nearest neighbor polygon. Besides, the rectangular drilling pattern is the most suitable drilling pattern for the exploration activity of this study.
Krzemień, A. Fernández, P. R., Sánchez, A. S., and Álvarez, I. D., 2016. Beyond the pan-European standard for reporting of exploration results, mineral resources and reserves, Resources Policy September Volume 49 Pages 81-9.
Porwal, I. Álvarez, G., Markwitz, V., Craig, T. C. M., and Mamuse, A., 2010. Weights-of-evidence and logistic regression modeling of magmatic nickel sulfide prospectivity in the Yilgarn Craton, Western Australia Ore Geology Reviews Volume 38, Issue 3Pages 184-196 A.
Putzolu, I., Abad, G., Balassone, M., Boni, L., and Santoro, 2020. Parent rock and climatic evolution control on the genesis of Ni-bearing clays in Ni-Co laterites: New inferences from the Wingellina deposit (Western Australia) Ore Geology Reviews Volume 120 Article 103431 F.
Scarciglia, F., Critelli, S., Borrelli, L, Coniglio, S., and Perri, F., 2016. Weathering profiles in granitoid rocks of the Sila Massif uplands, Calabria, southern Italy: New insights into their formation processes and rates, Sedimentary Geology Volume 336 Pages 46-67.
Ding, Y., Cui, W., Zhang, S., Hui, H., and Song, Y., 2019. Multi-state operating reserve model of aggregate thermostatically-controlled-loads for power system short-term reliability evaluation, Applied Energy Volume 241Pages 46-58.
Hadji, R., Boumazbeur, A., Limani, Y., Baghem, M., and Demdoum, A., 2013. Geologic, topographic and climatic controls in landslide hazard assessment using GIS modeling: A case study of Souk Ahras region, NE Algeria Quaternary International Volume 302 Pages 224-237.
Bargawa, W. S., 2016. Mineral Resource Estimation Using Weighted Jackknife Kriging. Conference proceedings, in AIP Conf. Proc. 1755, 2016, pp. 120001-1-120001-6.
Zulkarnain, I., and Bargawa, W. S., 2018. Classification of Coal Resources Using Drill Hole Spacing Analysis (DHSA). Journal of Geological Resource and Engineering 6, pp. 151-159.
Bargawa, W. S., and Tobing, R. F., 2020. Iron ore resource modeling and estimation using geostatistics, AIP Conference Proceedings 2245, 070016
Yuan, S., Zhou, W. T., Li, Y. J., and Han, Y. X., 2020. Efficient enrichment of nickel and iron in laterite nickel ore by deep reduction and magnetic separation, Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China Volume 30, Issue 3, Pages 812-822.
Ramesh, S. V., Teegavarapu, V., and Chandramouli, 2005. Improved weighting methods, deterministic and stochastic data-driven models for estimation of missing precipitation records Journal of Hydrology Volume 312, Issues 1–4Pages 191-206.
Ilyas, A., Kashiwaya, K., and Koike, K., 2016. Ni grade distribution in laterite characterized by geostatistics, topography, and the paleo-groundwater system in Sorowako, Indonesia Journal of Geochemical Exploration Volume 165 Pages 174-188.
Jiang, J., and Zhu, Y., 2017. Geology and geochemistry of the Jianchaling hydrothermal nickel deposit: T–pH–fO2–fS2 conditions and nickel precipitation mechanism Ore Geology Reviews Volume 91 Pages 216-235.
Guo, X., and Dias, D., 2020. Kriging based reliability and sensitivity analysis – Application to the stability of an earth dam Computers and Geotechnics Volume 120 Article 103411.
Coombes, J., 2008. The Art and Science of Resource Estimation. Coombes Capability, Perth.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.