Earthquake and Tsunami Threat in Lombok
Keywords:Lombok, Flores Fault, earthquake and tsunami
AbstractLombok, the alternative tourism destination beside Bali, has beautiful sight and culture, but it also includes the vulnerability area in Indonesia. There are subduction zone and the Flores Fault in the south and north of Lombok. Both of them are a source of the earthquake. Based on the BMKG historical disaster, in 1992, there was an earthquake and tsunami comes from Flores Fault. In 2018, there was an earthquake coming from the Flores Fault. The earthquake is unique; it started from foreshock and followed by mainshock seven days later. It rarely happened in Indonesia. However, it is a difficult way to predict the earthquake is include in foreshock or not. Besides that, the tsunami potential that can occur from Flores Fault activity still become a mystery to some geoscientist.
Kedeputian Bidang Geofisika BMKG. 2018. Katalog Tsunami di Indonesia Tahun 416 – 2017. Jakarta : BMKG
Pusgen, 2018. Kajian Rangkuman Gempa Lombok. Jakarta : Kementerian PUPR
Rismayadi, Toni. 2016. Aktivitas Promosi Dinas Pariwisata dan Kebudayaan Kabupaten Lombok Barat Dalam Meningkatkan Jumlah Kunjungan Wisata. Departemen Ilmu Komunikasi, Fakultas Ilmu Sosial dan Ilmu Politik, Universitas Hasanudin
Sugito, Nanin Trianawati. 2008. Tsunami. Jurusan Geografi, Fakultas Pendidikan Ilmu Pengetahuan Sosial. Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, Bandung
Zaitunah, Anita., Cecep Kusmana, I Nengah Surati Jaya, Oteng Haridjaja. 2011. Aplikasi Sistem Informasi Geografi Bagi Penentuan Kemungkinan Daerah Genangan Akibat Tsunami (Studi Kasus : Kabupaten Ciamis Jawa Barat). Forum Pascasarjana Vol 34 No 4
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.