Effect of Fertilizer Frequency on Growth Varieties of Dendrobium Orchid
Keywords:Fertilizer frequency, Dendrobium, liquid organic fertilizer
AbstractOrchid is an ornamental plant usually used for an indoor plant or cuts flower because of its colorful flowers. Orchid performance can be improved with the use of leaf fertilizer. Therefore, this research aimed to determine the effect of fertilizer frequency on growth varieties of dendrobium orchid. The study was conducted in the experimental garden of the Faculty of Agriculture, UPN "Veteran" Yogyakarta, between June to September 2020, using a Completely Randomized Design with the factorial arrangement. The fertilizer frequency factors include once in 2 days, once in 3 days, and once in 4 days, while the varieties of Dendrobium are Syifa Agrihorti, Dian Agrihorti, and Zahra Fr-28. The result showed fertilizer frequency once in 3 days provided the best percentage to live, increasing leaf length and root length. Syifa Agrihorti and Dian Agrihorti are varieties that readily adapt to new environments. There was no interaction between fertilizer frequency and varieties of Dendrobium orchid on all growth parameters.
Andriyani, L.Y., Buhaira & Nancy. (, 2017). The Effect of Concentration and Frequency of Leaf Fertilizer Spraying on the Growth of Dendrobium Orchid (Dendrobium Jade Gold) Plantlets Acclimatization Stage. Journal of Agronomy 10(1), 51-54
Balithi, (2011). Description of Syifa Agrihorti, Dian Agrihorti, and Zahra Fr-28. Balithi Lembang.
Burhan, B. (2016). Effect of Fertilizer and Concentration benzyl adenine (BA) on The Growth and Flowering of Orchid Hybrid Dendrobium. Journal of Application Agriculture Research 16(33), 194-204.
Febriani, S., D.W. Ganefianti, A. Romeida & R. Herawati. (, 2019). Acclimatization of Pencil Orchid (Papillionanthe hookeriana Rehb.f) as Affected by Different Types of Planting Media and Fertilizing Frequency. Akta Agrosia, 22(1), 36 – 41.
Kabir, M., Mortuza, M., & Islam, M. (2012). Morphological Features Growth and Development of Dendrobium sp. Orchid as Influenced by Nutrient Spray. Journal of Environmental Science and Natural Resources, 5(1), 309–318.
Dwiyani, R. (2012). The Response to The Growth of Dendrobium sp. Seedling at The Time of Acclimatization to The Various Foliar Fertilizer Application Frequencies. Journal Agrotrop, 2(2), 171- 175.
Marlina, G., Marlinda, & H. Rosneti. (2019). Using Various Growing Media and Application of Growmore Fertilizer on The Acclimatization of Dendrobium Orchids. Agricultural Scientific Journal, 15(2), 105-114.
Mirani A.A., Abui-Soad, & G.S. Markland. (, 2017). Effect of different substrates on survival and growth of transplanted orchid (Dendrobium nobile cv) into the net house. International Journal of Horticulture and Floriculture, 5(4), 310-317.
Monda, T., Dash, P. K., Ahmed, M., Islam, Md. M. and Ali, Md. H. (2014). Growth performance of orchid (Dendrobium sp.) as influenced by different NPK spray concentration. International Journal of Biosciences, 4(7), 15-27.
Sukma, D. dan A. Setiawati. (2010). Pengaruh Waktu dan Frekuensi Aplikasi Pupuk Daun terhadap Pertumbuhan dan Pembungaan Anggrek Dendrobium ‘Tong Chai Gold’. J. Hort. Indonesia, 1(2), 96-103
Tenaya, I.M.N. (2015). Pengaruh Interaksi dan Nilai Interaksi pada Percobaan Faktorial. AGROTROP, 5 (1), 9 – 20
Widiastoety, D., N. Solvia, N., & M. Soedarjo. (, 2010). The potential of Dendrobium orchids in increasing the variety and quality of cut flower orchids. Journal of Agricultural Research and Development, 29(3), 101-106.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.