Identification of Groundwater Contamination by Hydrocarbon from Gas Station at Caturtunggal Area using Geoelectrical Methods
Keywords:groundwater contamination, geoelectrical resistivity, gas stations, hydrocarbon
AbstractGroundwater exploration is a method to produce the needs of clean water. Most of the Indonesian people use groundwater for daily consumption. Groundwater contamination can occur because of various human activities that produce pollutants. One of the activities that can affect the quality of subsurface water is the existence of a Gas Station. Caturtunggal is one of the areas in the Sleman Regency which has a dense population. Caturtunggal has varied activities such as hotels, restaurants, shopping centers, and education. If there is pollution due to hydrocarbons, the impact that occurs can pollute the densely populated area. Geophysics methods are one of the techniques to explore the groundwater, specially geoelectrical resistivity. The objective of this research is to identify the existence of hydrocarbon in the groundwater around gas stations using the geoelectrical resistivity method. This research was conducted with the methods, i.e., observation, mapping, and geophysical method, geoelectrical resistivity. The result from geoelectrical resistivity analysis shows that contamination of hydrocarbon does not occur in the groundwater. In general, the lithology of the composting area of the study area consists of loose sediments with coarse to very coarse grain sizes, which are represented by large resistivity values. At the measuring point 1 to 4, there is no indication of the presence of groundwater pollution, which is represented by the resistivity value of the aquifer zone in the Cilician area, which is still in the resistivity order of 101-ohm meters. The existence of aquifers in the research area is at a depth of 12 meters to 15 meters. It was getting deeper towards the south. However, collaboration data is required to analyze more details about the contamination.
Akankpo, O. and Igboekwe, M. U. (2011) “Monitoring Groundwater Contamination Using Surface Electrical Resistivity and Geochemical Methods,” Journal of Water Resource and Protection, 03(05), pp. 318–324. doi: 10.4236/jwarp.2011.35040.
Apparao, A. (1997) Developments in geoelectrical methods. India: National Geophysics Research Institute Hyderabad.
Bakosurtanal (2004) Peta Digital Jawa Tengah. Cibinong.
BPS Kabupaten Sleman (2018) Kecamatan Sleman Dalam Angka 2018. Sleman.
Freeze, R. A. (1984) “Groundwater Contamination,” Eos, 65(40), p. 2193.
Hardiyatmo, H. C. and Widodo, P. (1992) Mekanika Tanah. Gramedia Pustaka Utama, Jakarta.
Hendrajaya, L. and Arif, I. (1990) “Geolistrik Tahanan Jenis,” Laboratorium Fisika Bumi, Jurusan Fisika FMIPA ITB, Bandung.
Kodoatie, R. J. (2012) Tata ruang air tanah. Penerbit Andi.
Kristanto, W. A. D. and Indrawan, I. G. B. (2018) “KARAKTERISTIK GEOLOGI TEKNIK
DAERAH PRAMBANAN DAN SEKITARNYA, KECAMATAN PRAMBANAN, KABUPATEN SLEMAN, DAERAH ISTIMEWA YOGYAKARTA,” KURVATEK, 3(2), pp. 21–29. Available at: https://journal.itny.ac.id/index.php/krvtk/article/view/755.
Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia (2017) “Peraturan Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia Nomor 32 Tahun 2017 Tentang Standar Baku Mutu Kesehatan Lingkungan Dan Persyaratan Kesehatan Air Untuk Keperluan Higiene Sanitasi, Kolam Renang, Solus Per Aqua dan Pemandian Umum,” Peraturan Menteri kesehatan Republik Indonesia, pp. 17–20.
Muryani, E. (2012) “Zonasi Potensi Pencemaran Bahan Bakar Minyak terhadap Airtanah Bebas (Studi Kasus SPBU 44.552.10 Yogyakarta),” Jurnal Sains &Teknologi Lingkungan, 4(2), pp. 114–124. doi: 10.20885/jstl.vol4.iss2.art5.
Notodarmojo, S. (2005) “Pencemaran tanah dan air tanah,” Penerbit ITB. Bandung.
Rahmawati, S. et al. (2018) “INVESTİGATİON of GroundwaterPollutı̇ on By Petroleum
Hydrocarbon From GasStatı̇ onsİn Yogyakarta,Indonesı̇ a,” Jurnal Sains &Teknologi Lingkungan,
(1), pp. 67–76. doi: 10.20885/jstl.vol10.iss1.art6.
Republik Indonesia Government (2001) “PP 82 tahun 2001 TENTANG PENGELOLAAN
KUALITAS AIR DAN PENGENDALIAN PENCEMARAN AIR,” Journal of Chemical
Information and Modeling. doi: 10.1017/CBO9781107415324.004.
Republik Indonesia, P. (1990) Keputusan Presiden Republik Indonesia Nomer 32 Tahun 1990
Tentang Pengelolaan Kawasan Lindung. Indonesia.
S. Okiongbo, K. and Akpofure, E. (2012) “Determination of Aquifer Properties and Groundwater
Vulnerability Mapping Using Geoelectric Method in Yenagoa City and Its Environs in Bayelsa State, South South Nigeria,” Journal of Water Resource and Protection, 04(06), pp. 354–362. doi: 10.4236/jwarp.2012.46040.
Telford, W. M., Geldart, L. P. and Sheriff, R. E. (1990) “Applied geophysics. 2nd edition,” Applied geophysics. 2nd edition.
Waller, R. M. (1988) “Ground Water and the Rural Homeowner,” U.S Department of the Interior/Geological Survey, p. 38. doi: 10.1080/713818024.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.