Characteristics of Coal and Coal Ash
Keywords:Coal, Characteristics of coal, Ash I. INTRODUCTION
AbstractThe physical character or composition of coal in the form of deposits used as trading materials are different. This is due to conditions, including peat formation, change in geological time, and methods or process of mining. The characteristics of coal, including water (moisture), volatile matter, porosity, density, grind ability, friability, weathering, size composition, Strength, and abrasiveness, determine the use. Furthermore, Ash is a residue obtained from the mineral matter due to changes in coal. The chemical composition is different with less weight than the mineral matter present in the original form. Also, the change in mass recorded during this entire process is attributed to water loss from the original silicate, CO2, and oxide from carbonate and pyrite oxide, respectively. However, the main components of ash elements include Sodium, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Aluminum, Silicon, Iron, and Sulfur.
ASTM Standard D 3173-73, 1994, Standard Methods for Moisture in The Analysis Sample of Coal and Coke, Volume 05.06, Gaseous Fuels, Coal and Coke, 47 p.
ASTM Standard D 3174-73, 1994, Standard Methods for Ash in The Analysis Sample of Coal and Coke, Volume 05.06, Gaseous Fuels, Coal and Coke, 47 p.
ASTM Standard D 3175-77, 1994, Standard Methods for Volatile Matter in The Analysis Sample of Coal and Coke, Volume 05.06, Gaseous Fuels, Coal and Coke, 7 p.
Finkelman, R.B., and Gluskoter, H.J., 1981, Characterization of Minerals in Coal: problems and promises in Falling and Slagging Resulting from impurities in Combustion Gases (Bryer, ed), New Hampshire, pp. 299-318.
Krevelen D.W., 1992. Coal Typology-Physics-Chemistry-Constitution. University Of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands. 750 p.
Larry Thomas, 2002, Coal Geology, A John Wiley and Sons, Ltd, Publication, 456p.
Osborne, D.G., 1988, Coal Preparation, Volume I and II, Graham and Trotman Limited, London,
Speight J.G., 1994, The Chemistry and Technology of Coal, Marcel Dekker Inc., New York, 642 p. Speight J.G., 2005, Handbook of Coal Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Publication, 222 p.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.