Improving Porang ( Amorphophallus Mueller) As Beneficially Product For Farmers Community Around The Forest In Semanu District Gunung Kidul Regency
Keywords:Porang, Adoption, P3N, Internal factor, External factor, Around Forest.
AbstractPorang (Amorphophallus Mueller ) is one of the local rootstocks in Indonesia. The last time the farmer's community around the Forest in Semanu District did not know about Porang. Regarding the Information technology advantage in the last decade, people have known about the benefit of the cultivation of Porang. One of the derivative products in Processing is Porang Chips. The Product has a great opportunity as raw material for Food, Cosmetics, and other industries needed. The demand and also The price of Porang in the future time is forecasting an increase. There is a lack of supply and demand in the international market. To Fulfill the market, any program has been conducted to cultivate porang. One of the programs had done in Gunung Kidul Regency, supported by The National Society Porang Farmers (P3N), collaborated with the research team of Universitas Pembangunan Nasional Veteran Yogyakarta. The research aim to 1) describing the activities of the program to improve Porang in Semanu District and 2) analyzing the internal and external factors that influence the farmer community around the Forest to cultivate and produce Porang to hold this program regarding improving the Product. The method of the research is analytical descriptive, and close to study in survey mode. To choose a location by the purposive method. All the farmers of the P3N porang program as respondents. The number of the respondent are 40 farmers that had conducted by sensus method. By the Multiple regression statistical model, The result of the research showed that this program had received by farmer communities at a medium level, and the factors internal that influence the farmers to hold this program are educational background and farmer experience. On the other hand, the external factors that influencing this program are farmers Communities, Activities of extension, and Information access.
Biro Pusat Statistik. 2019. Eksport Komoditi Indonesia 2019. Naskah catatan non publikasi. Jakarta.
Ermiati and M.P.Laksmanahardja. 1996. Manfaat iles iles (Amorphophallus muelleri Blume) sebagai bahan baku makanan dan industri. Balai Penelitian Tanaman rempah dan Obat. Jurnal Litbang Pertanian, XV (3): 74-80
Gittinger, J.P. 1986.Analisa Ekonomi Proyek Proyek Pertanian. Seri Ekonomi. EDI dalam Pembangunan Ekonomi. Edisi ke dua. Universitas Indonesia Press-Johns Hopkins, Jakarta
Greene, W.H., 1993. Econometric Analysis. Second Edition. New York University
Hetterscheid, W, and S. Ittenbach. 1996. Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Amorphophallus, but were Afraid to stick Your Nose Into!!! .Aroideana 19: 7-131
Janzen, P.C.M.Van Der Wilk & W.L.A Hetterscheid Amorphophallus Blume ex Decaisne. In M Flach and F Rumawas (Eds). 1996. PROSEA No:9. Plant Yielding nonseed carbohydrates. Backhuys Publishers, Leiden .p 45-50
Miles J & Shevlin M . 2001. Applying Regression and Correlation: A Guide for Student and Researcher. Thousand Oaks. CA: Sage Publication.
Predazhur, E.J., 1997. Multiple Regression in Behavioral Research (3rd ed). Fort Worth. TX: Harcourt Brace.
Rijono, 1999. Buku pengelolaan Tanaman Iles Iles (Amorphophallus Onchophyllus). Naskah Unpublised Perum Perhutani KPH Saradan, Madiun, Jawa Timur
Sugiyono. (2012). Metode penelitian kuantitatif dan kualitatif Dan R&D. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Sumarwoto,2007. Review: kandungan mannan pada tanaman iles-iles (Amorphophallus muelleri Blume). Bioteknologi, 4(1): 28-32.Yogyakarta.
Sumarwoto,2012 .Peluang bisnis beberapa macam produk hasil tanaman iles kuning di DIY melalui kemitraan dan teknik budidaya. Proceeding Business Conference. 6 Desember 012: Bisnis dan Isu- isu Global. 1-20. Yogyakarta,
Sumarwoto, Priyanto S. 2019. Teknik Budidaya dan Ciri Ciri Iles Iles Kuning (Amorphophallus Muelleri) :Porang. Cetakan 1. Februari 2020. ISBN 978-623-7594-48-2. Penerbit LPPM UPN “Veteran” Yogyakarta.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.