Prototype Design of IoT Remote Monitoring System for Industrial Process Using Firebase Realtime Database
Keywords:IoT, remote monitoring, real-time database, sensor, PLC
AbstractInternet of Things is a technology that is currently developing rapidly. IoT is a network that connects various objects combined with electronics, sensors, and software. This technology is widely used in industry to monitor existing processes. Existing monitoring systems such as PLC and SCADA are great tools and software for process monitoring in the industry. However, they are quite expensive to be used by small and medium industries and also require qualified human resources in this field. To overcome this problem, in this paper, we describe the design of the IoT Remote Monitoring System for Industrial Process Using Firebase Realtime Database. The system is designed using ESP32 and sensors with an internal wifi module. The developed system enabled the employee to monitor any process in the industry remotely and in real-time using a progressive web application.
Allhoff, F. and Henschke, A. (2018) 'The Internet of Things: Foundational ethical issues,' Internet of Things, 1–2, pp. 55–66. DOI: 10.1016/j.iot.2018.08.005.
Dorsemaine, B. et al. (2015) 'Internet of Things: A Definition & Taxonomy,' in 2015 9th International Conference on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services and Technologies. 2015 9th International Conference on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services, and Technologies (NGMAST), Cambridge, United Kingdom: IEEE, pp. 72–77. DOI: 10.1109/NGMAST.2015.71.
Fortino, G. et al. (2016) 'Towards Cyberphysical Digital Libraries: Integrating IoT Smart Objects into Digital Libraries,' in Guerrieri, A. et al. (eds) Management of Cyber-Physical Objects in the Future Internet of Things: Methods, Architectures, and Applications. Cham: Springer International Publishing (Internet of Things), pp. 135–156. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-26869-9_7.
Hossain, MD. sanwar, Jahid, A., and Rahman, M. (2018) 'Quantifying Potential of Hybrid PV/WT Power Supplies for Off-Grid LTE Base Station,' in, pp. 1–5. DOI: 10.1109/IC4ME2.2018.8465653.
Jahangir Mohammed (2016) 5 predictions for the Internet of Things in 2016, World Economic Forum. Available at: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/12/5-predictions-for-the-internet-of-things-in-2016/ (Accessed: 11 August 2020).
Jahid, A. et al. (2019) 'Toward Energy Efficiency Aware Renewable Energy Management in Green Cellular Networks With Joint Coordination,' IEEE Access, 7, pp. 75782–75797. DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2920924.
Jahid, A. and Hossain, S. (2018) ‘Intelligent Energy Cooperation Framework for Green Cellular Base Stations’, in 2018 International Conference on Computer, Communication, Chemical, Material, and Electronic Engineering (IC4ME2). 2018 International Conference on Computer, Communication, Chemical, Material, and Electronic Engineering (IC4ME2), pp. 1–6. DOI: 10.1109/IC4ME2.2018.8465490.
Madakam, S., Ramaswamy, R. and Tripathi, S. (2015) 'Internet of Things (IoT): A Literature Review,' Journal of Computer and Communications, 03(05), pp. 164–173. DOI: 10.4236/jcc.2015.35021.
Mocrii, D., Chen, Y. and Musilek, P. (2018) 'IoT-based smart homes: A review of system architecture, software, communications, privacy and security,' Internet of Things, 1–2, pp. 81–98. DOI: 10.1016/j.iot.2018.08.009.
Moroney, L. (2017) The Definitive Guide to Firebase. Berkeley, CA: Apress. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4842-2943-9.
Naik, N. (2017) 'Choice of effective messaging protocols for IoT systems: MQTT, CoAP, AMQP and HTTP,' in 2017 IEEE International Systems Engineering Symposium (ISSE). 2017 IEEE International Systems Engineering Symposium (ISSE), pp. 1–7. DOI: 10.1109/SysEng.2017.8088251.
Prayoga, F. (2016) ‘Perancangan Prototype Aplikasi Pengumuman Kelas Menggunakan Teknologi Firebase Cloud Message pada Android’, in.
Rittinghouse, J. W., and Ransome, J. F. (2016). Cloud Computing: Implementation, Management, and Security. CRC Press.
Rouse, M. (2016) What is MQTT, and How Does it Work?, IoT Agenda. Available at: https://internetofthingsagenda.techtarget.com/definition/MQTT-MQ-Telemetry-Transport (Accessed: 11 August 2020).
Wang, H. et al. (2017) ‘A Lightweight XMPP Publish/Subscribe Scheme for Resource-Constrained IoT Devices’, IEEE Access, 5, pp. 16393–16405. DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2017.2742020.
Xu, L. D., He, W. and Li, S. (2014) 'Internet of things in industries: A survey,' IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 10(4), pp. 2233–2243. DOI: 10.1109
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.