The Moderating Role of The Strategy Type in The Relationship Between Entrepreneurial Orientation and Learning Orientation SME’s
Keywords:Entrepreneurial Orientation, Learning Orientation, and Company Strategy
AbstractThis research was conducted to analyze the influence of moderating role the type of strategy on the relationship between entrepreneurial orientation and learning orientation SMEs. Respondents were 141 SMEs. Data from the survey results with respondents were analyzed using Partial Least Square-Structural Equation Modeling-Multigroup. The result is a positive influence of entrepreneurial orientation on learning orientation, and there is no significant strategic typology of Miles and Snow, namely defenders, prospectors, and reactors, with the most defenders' strategies to moderate the greatest influence of entrepreneurial orientation on learning orientation at SMEs.
Bourgeois III, L. J. (1980). 'Strategy and environment: A conceptual integration.' Academy of management review, 5(1), 25-39.
Calantone, R. J., Cavusgil, S. T., & Zhao, Y. (2002). 'Learning orientation, firm innovation capability, and firm performance.' Industrial marketing management, 31(6), 515-524.
Chiva, R., Grandío, A., & Alegre, J. (2010). 'Adaptive and generative learning: Implications from complexity theories.' International Journal of Management Reviews, 12(2), 114-129.
Fink, A. (2003). The survey handbook (Vol. 1). Sage.
Hakala, H., 2013. 'Entrepreneurial & learning orientation: effects on growth & profitability in the software sector.' Baltic Journal of Management, 8(1), 102-118Handito, 2016).
Hurt, H.T., Joseph, K., & Cook, C.D. (1977). Scales for the measurement of innovativeness. Human Communication
Research, 4(1), 58–65.
Ireland, R.D., Hill, M.A., Camp, S.M., & Sexton, D.L. (2001). 'Integrating entrepreneurship & strategic management actions to create firm wealth.' Academy of Management Executive, 15(1), 49–63.
Miller, D. (1983). The correlates of entrepreneurship in three types of firms. Management Science, 29, 770–791.
Miles, R. E., Snow, C. C., Meyer, A. D., & Coleman Jr, H. J. (1978). ‘Organizational strategy, structure, and process.' Academy of management review, 3(3), 546-562.
Sinkula, J.M., Baker, W.E., & Noordewier, T. (1997). ‘A framework for market-based organizational learning: Linking values, knowledge, & behavior.' Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 25(4), 305–318.
Slater, S.F. & Narver, J.C. (1995). 'Market orientation & the learning organization.' Journal of Marketing, 59(3), 63–74
Wang, C.L., 2008. 'Entrepreneurial orientation, learning orientation, & firm performance.' Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, 32(1), 635-657.
Webster, F.E. (1992). The changing role of marketing in the corporation. Journal of Marketing, 56, 1–17.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.