Impact of Investment, Use of Information Technology on Organizational Performance. Study on the Tourism Industry in the Special Region of Yogyakarta
Keywords:IT investment, use, IT perception, future orientation, technology orientation
AbstractThis research aims to analyze the impact IT investment, usage, perception of IT, technology orientation and future orientation on against organizational performance. The object of research in the Tourism Industry, Tourism manager in Yogyakarta. This research model uses mediation regression. Explanatory factor analysis using the SEM - PLS model statistical tools. The results showed that: 1) The use of information technology has an effect on organizational performance. 2) Information technology for decision making affects organizational performance. 3) Future orientation affects organizational performance. 4) The level of investment has an effect on future orientation. 5) Perceptions of information technology have an effect on future orientation. 6) The use of information technology has an effect on future orientation. 7) Technology orientation affects organizational performance. 8) The level of investment has an effect on technology orientation. 9) Perceptions of information technology affect technology orientation.
Antoncic B & Hisrich R. D, 2001. Intrapreneurship: Construct refinement and cross-cultural validation ”Journal of Business Venturing, 16: 5 pp. 495-527.
Atzeni GE & Carboni, O. A, 2001. The Economic Effect of Information Technology Firm Level Evidence From the Italian Case. www.crenos.it.
Callahan MC & Gabriel EA & Smith R. E, 2009. The Effects of Inter-Firm Cost Correlation, IT Investment, and Product Cost Accuracy on Production Decisions and Firm Profitability. Journal of Information Systems, 23: 51-78.
David, Fred & David, Foster, 2016. Strategic Management. Concepts & Cases. 15th Edition, Pearson Educated, London
Greene, William, 2012. Econometric Analysis. Seventh Edition, Pearson New York.
Hitt, Irreland & Hoskisson, 2015. Strategic Management. Competitiveness & Globalization. Concepts & Cases. 15th Edition, Thomson South-Westrn Australia.
Hu Q & Quan J. 2004. Evaluating the impact of IT investments on productivity: a casual analysis at industry level, International Journal of Information Management. 25, 39-53.
Kim JK & Xiang JY & Lee S. 2009. The impact of IT investment on firm performance in China: An empirical investigation of the Chinese electronics industry. Technical Forecasting & Social Change, 73, 678-687.
Loudon, Kennet & Loudon, Jane, 2012. Management Information System. Managing the Digital Firm. Pearson Prentice Hall, 12th Edition, NY.
Morris, SA & Strickland, TH 2008. Exploration of Information System Process Improvements and Firm Performance, Journal of Computer Information Systems 49: 86-91.
Pang, H., 2018. The impact of information technology on US commercial banks: Who is the winner / loser ?. Unpublished working paper. Arizona State University.
DIY Tourism Statistics 2019, DIY Tourism Office, 2020.
Tanoglu I. & Basoglu N 2005. Exploring the relationship between information technology diffusion and managerial decision making ”Proocedings of PICMET'05.
Turban, Volonino & Wood, 2013. Information Technology for Management. Advancing, Sustainable, Profitable for Business Growth. Pearson Prentice Hall, 9th Edition, NY.
Wooldridge, Jeffry, 2014. Introductory Econometric. A Modern Approach. 5th Edition. South-Western Cengage Learning, United Kingdom.
Zahra S. A 1993. Environment, corporate entrepreneurship and financial performance: A taxonomic approach. Journal of Business Venturing 8: 319-340.
Zehir C. & Yolmaz E. & Velioglu H. 2008. The Impact of Information Technology Practices and Organizational Learning on Firm Innovation and Performance, Journal of Global Strategic Management 2: 24-37
Zehir; Muceldili & Celep (2010). The Impact of Information Technology Investments on Firm Performance in National and Multinational Company. Journal of Global Strategic Management, vol.4, June.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.