Results of Raw Water Quality Test at Condong Catur, Yogyakarta Special Region
Keywords:drill well, raw water, quality test
AbstractThe existing phenomenon is that groundwater in the UPN Veteran Yogyakarta integrated campus complex smells and has a reddish-brown color, and when the water is used for bathing, the skin becomes dry. Based on this phenomenon, it is assumed that the groundwater contains quite high levels of iron (Fe) and Manganese (Mn). The purpose of this research is to determine the quality of bore well water and determine the method of processing the well water so that it can be used as clean water that meets the requirements of Permenkes Number: 492/Menkes/Per/IV/2010 Water quality is a qualitative condition of a water sample taken from the source which is measured and/or tested based on certain parameters and certain methods based on predetermined test standards and is in effect at the time of the test. According to the standards stipulated in the Regulation of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Indonesia Number: 492/Menkes/Per/IV/2010 concerning Water Quality Control and Requirements, water quality testing parameters are generally grouped into 3 (three) parameters, namely: physical parameters, chemistry, and biology. In the laboratory tests carried out for samples of raw water from drilled well water sources at the UPN Veteran Yogyakarta Integrated Campus, the test parameters are taken are Physical parameters, including examination of odor, turbidity, taste, color, amount of dissolved solids (TDS); and Chemical Parameters, including examining pH, iron, fluoride, hardness, manganese, nitrate, nitrite. The results showed that the well water in the integrated campus complex area of UPN Veteran Yogyakarta has water quality parameters with levels of TDS, temperature, taste, odor, pH, fluoride, hardness, and nitrate, which are still below the threshold for hygienic water quality standards and drinking water quality standards. . Meanwhile, other water quality parameters, namely levels of Turbidity, Color, Iron, Manganese and Nitrite have levels above the standard threshold for hygienic water quality and drinking water. Therefore, to use well water as for hygienic water that meets the Permenkes No. 492/Menkes/Per/IV/2010 standards, filtration must first be done using a slow sand filter as an alternative to the filter model.
Peraturan Menteri Kesehatan Republik Indonesia Nomor 492/Menkes/Per/IV/2010 tentang Pengawasan dan Syarat-syarat Kualitas Air, 2010.
Effendi, H., 2003, Telaah Kualitas Air bagi Pengelolaan Sumber Daya dan Lingkungan Perairan, Kanisius, Yogyakarta.
Hanum, F., 2002, Proses Pengolahan Air Sungai untuk Keperluan Air Minum, Program Studi Teknik Kimia, Fakultas Teknik, Digital Library Universitas Sumatera Utara.
Joko, T., 2010, Unit Air Baku dalam Sistem Penyediaan Air Minum, Graha Ilmu, Yogyakarta.
Said, N.I., 2005. Metoda Penghilangan Zat Besi Dan Mangan Di Dalam Penyediaan Air Minum Domestik, Jurnal Air Indonesia BPPT, Vol. 1 No. 3, 2005.
Vilutama, F.,dkk., 2016, Kadar Fluoride dalam Air Minum Kemasan Tahun 2015, Gema Kesehatan Lingkungan, Vol.14 No, 1, April 2016.
Wiguna, A.A., 2001, Hara Nitrogen Fosfor dan Kalium Drainase Peran pada Beberapa Aliran Sungai di Bali, Laporan Penelitian Kerjasama WWF Indonesia Wallacea Program dan The University of Arizona USA.
Ambarsari, H., 2004, Manajemen dan Teknologi Proses yang Tepat Guna untuk Mengatasi Polusi Nitrat di Lingkungan Tanah dan Air dalam Rangka Pembangunan Berkelanjutan, Prosiding Seminar Pengelolaan Limbah, Balai Lingkungan Teknologi-BPP, Serpong.
Habibah, N., dkk., 2018, Analisis Kuantitatif Kadar Nitrit dalam Produk Daging Olahan di Wilayah Denpasar Dengan Metode Griess Secara Spektrofotometri, International Journal of Natural Sciences and Engineering, Volume 2, Number 1, pp. 1-9.
Mayasari, 2014, Analisis Kualitas Air Hujan Dan Limpasan Melalui Media Green Roof di Kampus IPB Darmaga Bogor, Skripsi.https://repository.ipb.ac.id.
Koper., T. M. Marc, Rosca, Victor, M. Duca dan T. Matheus. D. Groot. , 2009, Nitrogen Cycle Electrocatalysis, Chem. Rev., 109, 2209-2244. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.