Analysis of the Effect of Blended Learning Implementation to Academic Productivity Performance in Beginning Pandemic
Keywords:Blended Learning, Information Systems Use, Academic Productivity Performance, Covid-19 Pandemic
AbstractModifications in learning methods were experienced by various educational institutions during the COVID-19 pandemic in Indonesia. The application of blended learning is the common method that combines offline and online learning. This is a simple form of implementing government policies to minimize the spread of COVID-19 by delivering learning activity from home. This research aims to determine the effect of the information systems use on the blended learning method on student’s academic productivity performance. The research data is primary data, which is based on a survey using a questionnaire for students of the Accounting Department, Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Pembangunan Nasional "Veteran" Yogyakarta. The sample selection was conducted using a purposive sampling technique. Data were analyzed using descriptive analysis and regression analysis. This research showed the influence of using blended learning applications on student performance during the pandemic. This research found that blended learning application uses strongly impacts student’s academic productivity performance. The small scope of sample and level of varian application use turn out to be the research limitation of this research
Ebardo, R. A. (2009). The effect of the web-based learning management system. Proceeding of Bangkok, Thailand.
Ellis, R. K. (2009). Field Guide to Learning Management Systems. ASTD Learning Circuits Internet Time Group.
Goodhue, D. L., & Thompson, R. L. (1995). Task-technology fit and individual performance. MIS Quarterly, 19, pp. 213-236.
Graham, C. R. (2013). Emerging practice and research in blended learning. In M. G. Moore (Ed.),. Dalam Hand Book of Distance Education (hal. 3rd ed., pp. 333-350). New York: Routledge.
Jain, V., & Kanungo, S. (2005). Beyond perception and usage: Impact of nature of information system used on information system-enabled productivity. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, 19:1, pp. 113-136.
Khan, & et.al. (2012). Study of Blended Learning Process in Education Context. I.J.Modern Education and Computer Science, 9, 23-29. doi:10.5815/ijmecs.2012.09.03
Mandernach, B. J., Donnelli, E., & Dailey-Hebert, A. (2006). Learner attribute research juxtaposed with online instructor experience: Predictors of success in the accelerated, online classroom. The Journal of Educators Online, 3, (2), 1-17.
Meng Tang, C., & Lee, Y. C. (2013). Readiness for Blended Learning: Understanding Attitude of University Students. International Journal of Cyber Society and Education, 79-100, Vol. 6, No. 2, December 2013.
Nair, S. C., & Patil, R. (2012). A Study on the Impact of Learning Management Systems on Students of a. International Journal of Computer Science Issues, 9, (2), 379.
Sari, A. R. (2014). Peningkatan Prestasi Belajar dan Kemampuan Group-Work Melalui Kombinasi Pembelajaran Peer Learning dan Blended Learning. Jurnal Pendidikan Akuntansi Indonesia, Vol. XII, No. 1.
Sukarno. (2014). Peningkatan Kualitas Perkuliahan Melalui Penerapan Model Blended Learning Dengan Aplikasi Learning Management System Pada Mahasiswa Program Sarjana Kependidikan Bagi Guru Dalam Jabatan. Jurnal Pendidikan dan Pembelajaran, Vol. 21 Nomor 1.
1. Author and Manuscript
- The author whose name appear in the above statement is declaring that he/she is the author of the stated manuscript
- All of the authors, if any, has already aware of this agreement and give consent for the mentioned name to act on their behalf
- The author stated that the manuscript is original and has never been published elsewhere.
- The author has obtained permissions from other contributors, if any
- The author has specifically mentioned and cited all external materials properly
- Note: External materials refers to any material, writings, figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials which is not being produced, made, or patented by the author
- The author holds the sole responsible should there are any mistyping; unclear citation and holds responsible should there are any inappropriate manners such as unlawful, breaches, obscene, or any other reasons which are not aligned with the law and norm.
3. Deliverable of Manuscript and Other Materials
- The Contributor/Author shall deliver their manuscript using the provided and acceptable format (doc. Or docx) in the assigned date as well as author copyright document signed.
- Inability delivering the manuscript in the stated date and format will affecting the publication process thus, The Publisher have the rights to reject the manuscript and terminate the letter of acceptance or letter of offerings
- Author is responsible to deliver the manuscript using the provided format. Note: All of the figures, tables, illustrations, or any other materials that will be inserted in the manuscript need to be in high quality
- Should the author decided to alter the manuscript format, the fee will be charged and bore by authors
The Author give “Yayasan Sinergi Riset dan Edukasi” (here forth known as RSF Press) the unlimited right to publish the contribution identified above, without any restraints, in any form, at any time, directly or through others, to reproduce, transmit, archive, lease/lend, sell and distribute the contribution or parts thereof individually or together with other works in any language, revision and version (digital and hard), including reprints, translations, photographic reproductions, microform, audiograms, videograms, electronic form (offline, online), or any other reproductions of similar nature, including publication in the aforementioned book or any other book, as well as, the usage for advertising purposes. RSF Press will ensure that the Author’s name(s) is/are always clearly associated with the manuscript, and the publishers will not make any substantial change to the manuscript without consulting the author and ask for their consent. RSF Press is also entitled to carry out editorial changes in the contribution with the sole purpose of enhancing the overall organization and form of the contribution.
The Author retains the rights to publish the contribution in his/her own web site and thesis, in his/her employer’s web site and to publish a similar or revised version elsewhere, as long as it is clearly stated that the contribution was presented first RSF Press and the corresponding DOI is associated with the contribution.